The Constitution, Ethics and Elections Committee is a standing committee of the Alabama State Senate. It was previously known as the Committee on Constitution, Campaign Finance, Ethics, and Elections.
Per Rule 47 of the Senate Rules, committees of the Alabama State Senate are assigned by the Committee on Assignments, consisting of the president pro tempore, lieutenant governor, senate majority leader and three additional members appointed by the president pro tempore. The rules do not specify how often committees are assigned. A majority of appointed members make up a committee's quorum. The president of the Senate serves as an ex officio member of each committee, except specific Local Legislation Committees, with the power to vote. The president may appoint a senator who is not already on a committee to serve as his official substitute.
See rules: Senate Rules
||The Committee on Constitution, Ethics, and Elections, to which committee shall be referred bills and other matters concerning proposed amendments or revisions to the Constitution of Alabama, as well as a new Alabama Constitution, reforming campaign finance laws, strengthening laws related to ethics of public officials, lobbyists, and state election laws. The Committee on Constitution, Ethics, and Elections shall not exceed 9 members.
2015 legislative session
The following table describes committee membership at the beginning of the 2015 legislative session.
The following table describes committee membership for the 2011 legislative session.
The following table describes committee membership for the 2009 legislative session.
- ↑ Alabama State Legislature, "Senate Rules," accessed February 11, 2014(Rule 47-b)
- ↑ Alabama State Legislature, "Senate Rules," accessed January 15, 2014
- ↑ Alabama State Legislature, "Senate Rules," accessed January 15, 2014(Rule 48)
- ↑ Alabama State Legislature, "Senate Rules," accessed February 11, 2015(Rule 48-9)
- ↑ Note: This text is quoted verbatim from the original source. Any inconsistencies are attributed to the original source.