|Oklahoma State Senate District 43|
|November 23, 2016|
|Years in position||2|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 8, 2016|
|Term limits||12 years total in the legislature|
|High school||Washington High School|
|Bachelor's||Oklahoma Baptist University, 2001|
|Master's||U.S. Naval War College|
Brooks earned his B.A. in Political Science from Oklahoma Baptist University in 2001 and his M.A. in Strategic Planning from the U.S. Naval War College.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Brooks served on the following committees:
|Oklahoma Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Pension, Vice-chair|
|• Veterans and Military Affairs|
Brooks highlighted the following as important issues in his campaign: lowering taxes, improving education, and supporting alternative energy. He is pro-life and supports the Second Amendment. He supports traditional marriage. He does not support the Healthcare Reform Law.
- See also: Oklahoma State Senate elections, 2012
Brooks ran in the 2012 election for Oklahoma Senate District 43. Brooks and Peggy Davenport advanced to the August 28 primary runoff. Brooks defeated Peggy Davenport in the primary runoff. He defeated Mike Fullerton in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|State Senate, District 43, General Election, 2012|
|Oklahoma State Senate District 43 Republican Primary, 2012|
|Corey Brooks (advanced to runoff)||45.6%||1,664|
|Peggy Davenport (advanced to runoff)||25.5%||928|
Comprehensive donor information for Corey Brooks is available dating back to 2012. Based on available campaign finance records, Corey Brooks raised a total of $99,180 during that time period. This information was last updated on July 15, 2013.
|Corey Brooks's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Oklahoma State Senate, District 43||$99,180|
|Grand Total Raised||$99,180|
2012Corey Brooks won election to the Oklahoma State Senate in 2012. During that election cycle, Corey Brooks raised a total of $99,180.
|Oklahoma State Senate 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Corey Brooks's campaign in 2012|
|Brooks, Corey D||$38,000|
|Oklahoma Republican Party||$5,000|
|Center for Legislative Excellence||$4,000|
|Total Raised in 2012||$99,180|
|Source:Follow the Money|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Corey + Brooks + Oklahoma + Senate'"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Oklahoma State Senate
- Senate Committees
- Oklahoma State Legislature
- Oklahoma state legislative districts
- Project Vote Smart, "Biography of Sen. Corey Brooks," accessed May 23, 2014
- Corey Brooks for Senate, "Issues," accessed May 27, 2014(Archived)
- Oklahoma State Election Board, "Candidates for State Elective Office 2012," April 13, 2012
- Oklahoma State Election Board, "Official Primary Election Results— June 26, 2012," July 6, 2012
- Oklahoma State Election Board, "Runoff Primary Election Results— August 28, 2012," accessed May 25, 2014
- Oklahoma State Election Board, "General Election Results— November 6, 2012," accessed May 25, 2014
- followthemoney.org, "Brooks, Corey," accessed July 15, 2013
Greg Childers (R)
|Oklahoma State Senate District 43
| Succeeded by|