|Arizona House of Representatives District 18|
|Bachelor's||Arizona State University|
- Arizona State University, Bachelor’s Degree in Political Science
Harris most recently worked for TriWest Healthcare Alliance as a communications specialist. Harris is a 1st Lieutenant in the US Army Reserves. He served for over 13 years in such roles as Executive Officer of the 356th Signal Company and Public Affairs Officer at the National Guard MPAD.
Harris's website highlights the following campaign themes:
- Excerpt:"I believe that we have work to do and as a legislator I will work across party lines to provide our teachers and students with the resources they need."
- Excerpt:"I will review all options and work across party lines to come up with a bi-partisan approach to help stimulate our economy and help create jobs that are not balanced on the backs of middle class families."
Budget and taxes
- Excerpt:"Our state has faced massive budget deficits due to short-sighted tax policy. What is needed is broad based tax reform that creates a fair tax system that grows our economy and leaves us less vulnerable to future economic downturn."
- Excerpt:"No child should have to be on a waiting list for health care, as is the case right now with KidsCare in Arizona. No child should suffer because parents have to choose between putting food on the table or taking that child to emergency care."
- Excerpt:"On day one, I will sponsor legislation to push for further controls on gifts, tickets and giveaways that are currently handed out to our elected officials. I will lead the fight to restore honor and accountability to our higher offices."
Harris ran in the 2012 election for Arizona House of Representatives District 18. He and Darin Fisher ran unopposed in the Democratic primary on August 28, 2012. He was defeated in the general election, which took place on November 6, 2012.
Harris received endorsements from:
- Former Congressman Harry Mitchell
- The Arizona Education Association
- Planned Parenthood Advocates of Arizona
- Trevor Gomez
- Terry Araman
- Tempe Mayor Mark Mitchell
- Tempe City Councilman Kolby Granville
- Phoenix Mayor Greg Stanton
- Former state representative Rae Waters
- Felecia Rotellini
- Mesa City Councilman Dennis Kavanaugh
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Corey + Harris + Arizona + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Official campaign website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Corey Harris on Facebook
- Corey Harris on Twitter
- Vote Corey 2012 "Meet Corey," accessed September 21, 2012
- "votecorey2012," Official Campaign Website
- Arizona Secretary of State, "2010 Primary candidate list," accessed December 20, 2013
- [http://www.azsos.gov/election/2012/Primary/Canvass.pdf Arizona Secretary of State, " Official 2012 Primary Results," accessed December 20, 2013]
- Vote Corey 2012 "Endorsements," accessed September 21, 2012