|Former candidate for|
|Texas House of Representatives, District 108|
Alley's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
Preserving A Strong Texas Economy
- Excerpt: "We must ensure tight controls on government spending and oppose liberal efforts to take Texas down a California-style path of overregulation, high taxes, and eventual bankruptcy."
- Excerpt: "Texas should have a healthcare system that is the envy of the country. With excellent hospitals and first-rate research centers, we have an amazing cache of healthcare providers."
- Excerpt: "We need to work hard to reduce excessive regulations to keep our state number one in business innovation and job creation. Wherever possible, government just needs to get out of the way of the private sector."
Taxes and Spending
- Excerpt: "As a conservative, I believe government spends too much and wastes too much. We need to continue to lower the tax burden by demanding more efficiency in government and more accountability for how they’re spending our tax dollars."
- Excerpt: "Texas should have the best education system in the country. We need to insist on local control so that children, parents, and administrators can work together to provide the best education possible for each and every student."
Elections for all 150 seats in the Texas House of Representatives will take place in 2014. A primary election took place on March 4, 2014. Those candidates who did not receive 50% or more of the vote in their party primary on March 4 faced an additional May 27 primary runoff. The general election will be held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in these elections was December 9, 2013. Leigh Bailey was unopposed in the Democratic primary. Morgan Meyer and Chart Westcott advanced to a runoff, defeating Court Alley in the Republican primary. Meyer defeated Westcott in the May 27 Republican runoff. Bailey and Meyer will face off in the general election.
Alley and his wife, Mary, have one child.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Court + Alley + Texas + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Texas State Legislature
- Texas state legislative districts
- Texas House of Representatives
- Texas House of Representatives elections, 2014
- Official campaign website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Court Alley on Facebook
- Court Alley on Twitter
- Texas Secretary of State, "1992 - Current ELECTION HISTORY," accessed July 30, 2014
- All For Alley, "Issues," accessed February 12, 2014
- The Libertarian Party of Texas, "2014 Texas Representative Candidate List," accessed July 30, 2014
- Green Party of Texas, "Greens Release Candidate List," accessed July 30, 2014
State of Texas
|State executive offices||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Secretary of State | Attorney General | Comptroller | State Auditor | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of General Land Office | Chairman of Workforce Commission | Chairman of Public Utilities | Chairman of Railroad Commission |
List of Counties |
List of Cities |
Texas school districts A - L |
Texas school districts M - Z |