|Tennessee House of Representatives, District 45|
|November 7, 2016|
|Years in position||3|
|Per diem||$188/legislative day|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Bachelor's||University of Southern California|
|Master's||Central Michigan University|
|Service/branch||United States Air Force and Air Force Reserve (Lt. Col., retired)|
Rogers received a B.A. in International Relations from the University of Southern California. She later received an M.S. in Administration from Central Michigan University. She has worked as a radio host. Rogers served in the Air Force and the Tennessee Air National Guard.
2015 legislative session
At the beginning of the 2015 legislative session, Rogers served on the following committees:
|Tennessee Committee Assignments, 2015|
|• Civil Justice|
|• Transportation, Vice chair|
In the 2013-2014 legislative session, Rogers served on the following committees:
|Tennessee Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Criminal Justice|
Elections for 99 seats in the Tennessee House of Representatives took place in 2014. A primary election took place on August 7, 2014. The general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was April 3, 2014. Steven Puckett, Jr. was unopposed in the Democratic primary. Incumbent Courtney Rogers defeated Leonard Silverman in the Republican primary. Rogers defeated Puckett in the general election.
|Tennessee House of Representatives District 45, General Election, 2014|
|Republican||Courtney L. Rogers Incumbent||75.5%||12,185|
|Democratic||Steven D. Puckett, Jr.||24.5%||3,958|
|Tennessee House of Representatives, District 45 Republican Primary, 2014|
|Courtney Rogers Incumbent||60.8%||4,488|
Rogers won election in the 2012 election for Tennessee House of Representatives, District 45. Rogers defeated incumbent Debra Young Maggart in the August 2 primary election and defeated Jeanette Jackson (D) in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Tennessee House of Representatives, District 45, General Election, 2012|
|Tennessee House of Representatives, District 45 Republican Primary, 2012|
|Debra Maggart Incumbent||42.6%||3,447|
Comprehensive donor information for Rogers is available dating back to 2012. Based on available campaign finance records, Rogers raised a total of $117,648 during that time period. This information was last updated on July 1, 2013.
|Courtney Rogers's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Tennessee State House, District 45||$117,648|
|Grand Total Raised||$117,648|
2012Rogers won election to the Tennessee House of Representatives in 2012. During that election cycle, Rogers raised a total of $117,648.
|Tennessee House of Representatives 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Courtney Rogers's campaign in 2012|
|National Rifle Association||$7,600|
|Tennessee Firearms Association||$7,100|
|Truth Matters Pac||$5,800|
|Beaman, Lee A||$2,800|
|Total Raised in 2012||$117,648|
|Source: Follow the Money|
Legislative scorecards are used to evaluate elected public officials based on voting record. Some scorecards are created by political advocacy groups with a focus on specific issues, while others are developed by newspapers and are broad in scope. Scorecards are meant to be used as a tool for voters to have a quick picture of whether their views align with a particular legislator's record.
Because scorecards can be specific to particular issues or general to a state’s legislative term, for example, each report should be considered on its own merits. Each entity that publishes these reports uses different methodologies and definitions for the terms used.
Please see our writing guidelines if you would like to add results from an individual scorecard to this legislator's profile.
In 2013, the 108th Tennessee General Assembly, first year, was in session from January 8 to April 19. In 2014, the 108th Tennessee General Assembly, second year, was in session from January 14 to April 18.
- Tennessee National Federation of Independent Business: 2013-2014 Voting Record
- Legislators are scored on their votes on key small business issues.
- Tennessee Conservation Voters: 2013 Scorecard
- Legislators are scored on their votes relating to conservation and environmental issues.
- Tennessee Voters for Animal Protection: 2014 Scorecard
- Legislators are scored on their votes on animal protection bills.
Rogers and her husband, Mike, have three children. They currently reside in Goodlettsville, Tennessee.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Courtney + Rogers + Tennessee + House of Representatives"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Tennessee State Legislature
- Tennessee House of Representatives
- Tennessee House of Representatives Committees
- Tennessee Joint Committees
- Tennessee state legislative districts
- Official campaign website
- Office website
- Profile from Open States
- Courtney Rogers on Facebook
- Courtney Rogers on Twitter
- Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions via Follow the Money: 2012
- Tennessee Secretary of State, "August 7, 2014 Election Results," accessed September 11, 2014
- Tennessee Secretary of State, "Petitions Filed for State Senate and State House of Representatives," accessed April 5, 2014
- Tennessee Secretary of State, "2012 List of Candidates," accessed April 18, 2014
- Tennessee Department of State, "Election Results," accessed April 18, 2014
- Associated Press, "Tennessee - Summary Vote Results," accessed August 2, 2012
- Follow the Money, "Rogers, Courtney," accessed July 1, 2013
Debra Young Maggart (R)
|Tennessee House of Representatives District 45
| Succeeded by|
State of Tennessee
|State executive officers||
Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Comptroller | Treasurer | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance| Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Environment & Conservation | Commissioner of Labor and Workforce Development | Chairman of Regulatory Authority |
Tennessee Supreme Court | Court of Appeals | Court of Criminal Appeals | Chancery Courts | Circuit Courts | General Sessions Courts | Probate Courts | Criminal Courts | Juvenile Courts | Judicial selection in Tennessee |