Coventry School District, Rhode Island
|Transparency grading process|
- Main article: Evaluation of Rhode Island school district websites
This website was most recently evaluated July 2, 2012.
- Administrative officials are listed with contact information.
- School committee members are listed with contact information.
- Meeting schedule, current agenda, and minutes are posted.
- Teachers contract is posted.
- Site does not have a search function.
- States that a background check is necessary for employment, but does not provide any details.
- Current budget summaries are posted, full budget is not available.
- Vendor contracts not posted.
- Does not provide information on taxes, audits, academic performance, and how to make public record requests.
The School committee is composed of five members.
Teacher contract is posted on the site. 
In response to the No Child Left Behind Act, Rhode Island joined with Vermont and New Hampshire to create Grade Level Expectations (GLEs) and the New England Common Assessment Program (NECAP). NECAP results can be found on the Rhode Island Department of Elementary and Secondary Education site.
Each year Information Works! (a partnership between the R.I. Department of Elementary and Secondary Education and the Center for School Improvement and Educational Policy at the University of Rhode Island) puts out an annual report on public education in Rhode Island, creating detailed report cards for each district.
2007-08 District school performance
In the 2007-08 school year, 6 schools (75%) in the district were classified as making Adequate Yearly Progress (AYP), none were Regents' Commended schools, and none identified as in need of improvement.
|Classification||Number of schools||Percentage of schools|
|Made Adequate Yearly Progress||6||75%|
|Did not make AYP - Caution||2||25%|
|Did not make AYP - Insufficient Progress||0||0%|
The chart below details school classification indicators and targets:
|Level||Math 2008 state target||District's index score||English 2008 state target||District's index score|
The chart below details the percentage of students reaching proficiency on the following subjects:
- Coventry School District
- Education Bug profile
- Local School Directory profile
- Public School Review profile
- School committee members
- Teacher Contract
- Pre-employment check
- Coventry school committee
- Teacher Contract
- Coventry Schools FY 10 Budget Summary
- RIDE - FY 2008 Per Pupil Expenditures
- Rhode Island Department of Elementary and Secondary Education - New England Common Assessment Program
- Infoworks! 2009 School District Performance Report
- Infoworks! Learning and Achievement: Accountability 2009 Report
- Infoworks! Learning and Achievement: Assessments 2009 Report
- Coventry Teachers Alliance
State of Rhode Island
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | General Treasurer | Auditor General | Commissioner of Education | Superintendent of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Director of Environmental Management | Director of Labor | Chair of Public Utilities |