|Transparency grading process|
See also: Evaluation of Kentucky city websites
- Elected officials and their contact information are posted online.
- Meeting minutes and agendas are posted online.
- Contact information for administrative officials are posted online.
- Building permits are posted online.
- The website instructs citizens to contact the City Clerk's Office to make public records requests.
- Full audit reports are not posted.
- A budget, contracts, lobbying, and tax information are not available online.
Transparency and public records
The city's website has instructions about how to make a public records request.
The city of Covington has four commissioners and one mayor. As of March 2011, the four commissioners are: Sherry Caran, Shawn Masters, Steve Casper, and Steve Frank.
Mayor Denny Bowman
Mayor Denny Bowman was elected to his fourth four-year term in November 2008, after serving three consecutive four-year terms starting in November 1987. Before his first mayoral stint, he was city commissioner and vice-mayor. He served as Recreation Director from March 2000 until January 2008.
The mayor's salary is $27,197.56, and the commissioner's salary is $21,729.24.
There is not information about how many people are employed by the city or their salaries.
See also: Kentucky state budget
There is not information about the budget online.
- Wikipedia, "Covington, Kentucky", accessed April 19, 2011
- Wikipedia, "Northern Kentucky metropolitan area", accessed April 19, 2011
- Elected officials
- Administrative officials
- Building permits
- Public records
- Public records
- Fire chief
- Police chief