|Former candidate for|
|Deputy Commissioner of Fish and Game|
|Service/branch||U.S. Air Force Alaska Air National Guard|
|Years of service||1991 - present|
|Service branch||U.S. Marine Corps|
Fleener previously served as as Deputy Commissioner of Fish and Game. When Walker selected Fleener as his running mate for lieutenant governor in October 2013, Fleener resigned his post in order to enter the race.
Fleener ran for election to the office of Lieutenant Governor. He was supposed to share the independent ticket with running mate and gubernatorial candidate Bill Walker, but he was forced to withdraw from the race prior to the general election. A September 1 vote of the Alaska Democratic Party central committee merged the Walker-led independent ticket with the Democratic ticket, pushing both Fleener and Democratic lieutenant gubernatorial nominee Hollis French off the ballot. The general election took place November 4, 2014.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Craig + Fleener + Alaska + Lieutenant + Governor"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Craig Fleener for Lt. Governor 2014 Official campaign website
- Bill Walker for Governor 2014 Official campaign website
- Campaign Facebook
- Alaska Dispatch, "Craig Fleener declares run for lieutenant governor with independent Bill Walker," October 14, 2013
- Daily News Miner, Walker planning to run as independent for Alaska governor, August 1, 2013
- The Anchorage Daily-News, "Walker chooses Fleener as running mate in Independent bid for governor," October 14, 2013
- Alaska Dispatch News, "Walker, Mallott to join forces in governor's race," September 1, 2014
State of Alaska
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Comptroller | Commissioner of the Department of Revenue | Commissioner of Education | Director of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Commissioner of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor and Workforce Development | Regulatory Commission |