|Alabama House of Representatives District 28|
|November 5, 2014|
|Years in position||14|
|Minority Leader, Alabama State House of Representatives|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 2, 2010|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Bachelor's||Auburn University, 1991|
|Birthday||May 21, 1968|
|Place of birth||Gadsden, AL|
Ford is the co-owner of The Messenger newspaper, owner of the Hodges Ford Insurance Agency and a Captain in the United States Army Reserves.
He is a member of the Alabama Retired Teachers Association, coach of the Church Royal Ambassadors Basketball League, and deacon at the First Baptist Church of Gadsden.
Ford served on these committees in the 2011-2012 legislative session:
- Commerce and Small Business Committee, Alabama House of Representatives, Ranking Minority Member
- Subcommittee on Environmental Issues
- Subcommittee on Small Business and Labor
- Subcommittee on Resolutions, Chair
- Subcommittee on Taxes, Exemptions/Benefits
Elections for the office of Alabama House of Representatives will take place in 2014. A primary election took place June 3, 2014; a runoff election took place where necessary on July 15, 2014. The general election will be held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was February 7, 2014. Incumbent Craig Ford was unopposed in the Democratic primary. Doug Sherrod was unopposed in the Republican primary. Ford will face Sherrod in the general election.
Ford won re-election to the 28th District seat in 2010. He had no opposition.
Ford raised $224,552 for his campaign, while Word raised $35,857.
|Alabama State House, District 28 (2006)|
|Craig Ford (D)||7,335|
|Christopher P. Word (R)||3,694|
In 2010, Ford raised $266,481 in contributions.
His four largest contributors were:
|Craig Ford Campaign Fund||$75,000|
|Alabama Association Of Realtors||$10,000|
|Alabama Education Association||$10,000|
In 2006, Ford collected $224,552 in donations.
Below are Ford's top 5 campaign contributors in the 2006 election:
|AL Education Assoc||$20,000|
|AL Farmers Federation||$16,483|
|Business Council of AL||$7,500|
|Alabama Assoc of Realtors||$7,000|
Ford and his wife, Gwen, have two children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Craig + Ford + Alabama + House + Legislature" Craig Ford News Feed
- Alabama House of Representatives
- House Committees
- Alabama State Legislature
- Alabama state legislative districts
- Craig Ford's campaign website (Dated)
- Alabama Legislature - Craig Ford
- Profile from Open States
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- State Surge - Legislative and voting track record
- Campaign contributions: 2010, 2008, 2006, 2002
- Project Vote Smart, "Rep. Craig Ford," accessed May 5, 2014
- Alabama Democrats, "Qualified candidates for public office list," accessed February 27, 2014
- Alabama Republican Party, "State Senate," accessed February 27, 2014
- Alabama Secretary of State, "Official Democratic Primary Results," accessed June 20, 2014
- Alabama Secretary of State, "Official Republican Primary Results," accessed June 20, 2014
- Alabama Secretary of State, "Official 2010 General election results," accessed July 18, 2014
- Alabama Secretary of State, "Official 2006 election results," accessed April 15, 2014
- Follow the Money, "Alabama House spending, 2006," November 4, 2006
- Follow the Money, "2010 contributions," accessed December 23, 2013
- Follow the Money - 2008 Campaign contributions
|Alabama House District 28
| Succeeded by|
State of Alabama
|State executive officers||
Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer| Auditor| Superintendent of Education| Commissioner of Insurance| Commissioner of Agriculture and Industries| Commissioner of Agriculture and Industries| Commissioner of Labor| Public Service Commission|