|Alabama House of Representatives District 28|
|November 5, 2014|
|Years in position||13|
|Minority Leader, Alabama State House of Representatives|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 2, 2010|
|Next election||November 4, 2014|
|Bachelor's||Auburn University, 1991|
|Birthday||May 21, 1968|
|Place of birth||Gadsden, AL|
Ford is the co-owner of The Messenger newspaper, owner of the Hodges Ford Insurance Agency and a Captain in the United States Army Reserves.
He is a member of the Alabama Retired Teachers Association, coach of the Church Royal Ambassadors Basketball League, and deacon at the First Baptist Church of Gadsden.
Ford served on these committees in the 2011-2012 legislative session:
- Commerce and Small Business Committee, Alabama House of Representatives, Ranking Minority Member
- Subcommittee on Environmental Issues
- Subcommittee on Small Business and Labor
- Subcommittee on Resolutions, Chair
- Subcommittee on Taxes, Exemptions/Benefits
Ford won re-election to the 28th District Seat in 2010. He had no opposition.
Ford raised $224,552 for his campaign, while Word raised $35,857.
|Alabama State House, District 28 (2006)|
|Craig Ford (D)||7,335|
|Christopher P. Word (R)||3,694|
In 2010, Ford raised $266,481 in contributions. 
His four largest contributors were:
|Craig Ford Campaign Fund||$75,000|
|Alabama Association Of Realtors||$10,000|
|Alabama Education Association||$10,000|
In 2006, Ford collected $224,552 in donations.
Below are Ford's top 5 campaign contributors in the 2006 election:
|AL Education Assoc||$20,000|
|AL Farmers Federation||$16,483|
|Business Council of AL||$7,500|
|Alabama Assoc of Realtors||$7,000|
Ford and his wife, Gwen, have two children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Craig + Ford + Alabama + House + Legislature"
- House Republicans roll out conservative 2014 agenda - Montgomery Advertiser
- What the Democrats say: Republican bills sound good but are light on content - al.com (blog)
- Gov. Robert Bentley's fundraising slows in November - Montgomery Advertiser
- Jeff McLaughlin seeks return to the Alabama State House - al.com (blog)
- Ford: Funds available for I-759 - Gadsden Times
- Anniston's Boyd gets $25K boost from AEA; Teachers' group pouring money into ... - Anniston Star
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found
- Craig Ford's campaign website (Dated)
- Alabama Legislature - Craig Ford
- Project Vote Smart biography
- Project Vote Smart legislative profile
- State Surge - Legislative and voting track record
- Campaign contributions: 2010, 2008, 2006, 2002
|Alabama House District 28
| Succeeded by|
State of Alabama
|State executive officers||
Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer| Auditor| Superintendent of Education| Commissioner of Insurance| Commissioner of Agriculture and Industries| Commissioner of Agriculture and Industries| Commissioner of Labor| Public Service Commission|