|Former candidate for|
|Board member, Half Hollow Hills Central Board of Education, At-large|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||May 20, 2014|
|Bachelor's||The American University|
|J.D.||Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law|
Craig Gardy is a resident of Suffolk County, New York. Gardy earned his bachelor's degree in finance from The American University and his J.D. degree from the Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law in 1994. He is employed as a litigation attorney with Bruce Montague & Partners.
Craig Gardy and four other challengers lost to incumbents Diana Acampora, Paul Peller and Betty DeSabato for the three at-large seats in the general election on May 20, 2014. Acampora, Peller and DeSabato ran together as a slate.
|Half Hollow Hills Central School District, At-Large General Election, 3-year term, 2014|
|Nonpartisan||Diana Acampora Incumbent||15.8%||1,179|
|Nonpartisan||Paul Peller Incumbent||14.9%||1,116|
|Nonpartisan||Betty DeSabato Incumbent||14.8%||1,106|
|Source: Half Hollow Hills Central School District, "Home," accessed May 21, 2014|
Gardy did not receive any endorsements during the election.
Gardy's campaign website listed the following campaign themes for 2014:
|“||If elected as a Board of Education Trustee I pledge to put superior educational opportunities at the center of every issue, while being mindful of the taxpayers. Issues that are important to me include:
1. Transparency and easy access to district information.
2. Working with the administration to tailor the Common Core curriculum so that it aligns with the values of the HHH community.
3. Establishing a robust and successful educational volunteer program, whereby we take advantage of community residents to help before and after school.
4. Bring back 9 periods to Middle School
—Craig Gardy campaign website, (2014)
About the districtSuffolk County, New York. The county seat of Suffolk County is Riverhead, New York. Suffolk County is home to 1,499,738 residents, according to the United States Census Bureau. Half Hollow Hills Central is the 15th-largest school district in New York, serving 9,868 students during the 2011-2012 school year.
Suffolk County underperformed in comparison to the rest of New York in terms of higher education achievement in 2012. The United States Census Bureau found that 32.6 percent of Suffolk County residents aged 25 years and older had attained a bachelor's degree compared to 32.8 percent for New York as a whole. The median household income in Suffolk County was $87,778 compared to $57,683 for the state of New York. The poverty rate in Suffolk County was 6.1 percent compared to 14.9 percent for the entire state.
Note: The United States Census Bureau considers "Hispanic or Latino" to be a place of origin rather than a race. Citizens may report both their race and their place of origin, and as a result, the percentages in each column of the racial demographics table may exceed 100 percent.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Craig + Gardy + Half + Hollow + Hills + Central + School + District"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Half Hollow Hills Central School District, New York
- Half Hollow Hills Central School District elections (2014)
- Bruce Montague & Partners, "Craig Ian Gardy," accessed May 19, 2014
- Long Islander News, "Three trustees, five newcomers eye board seats," May 8, 2014
- Facebook, "Peller, Acampora & DeSabato for HHH School Board," accessed May 19, 2014
- New York State Board of Elections, "Contribution Search," accessed May 20, 2014
- New York State Board of Elections, "Expenditure Search," accessed May 20, 2014
- Note: This text is quoted verbatim from the original source. Any inconsistencies are attributed to the original source.
- Facebook, "About," accessed May 19, 2014
- United States Census Bureau, "Suffolk County, New York," accessed April 11, 2014
- National Center for Education Statistics, "ELSI Table Generator," accessed April 22, 2014
- New York State Board of Elections, "NYS Voter Enrollment by County, Party Affiliation and Status - Voters Registered as of November 01, 2013," accessed April 11, 2014
- United States Census Bureau, "Frequently Asked Questions," accessed April 21, 2014
- Each column will add up to 100 percent after removing the "Hispanic or Latino" place of origin percentages, although rounding by the Census Bureau may make the total one- or two-tenths off from being exactly 100 percent. This Ballotpedia page provides a more detailed explanation of how the Census Bureau handles race and ethnicity in its surveys.
|2014 Half Hollow Hills Central School District Elections|
|Suffolk County, New York|
|Election date:||May 20, 2014|
|Candidates:||At-large: • Incumbent, Betty DeSabato • Incumbent, Diana Acampora • Incumbent, Paul Peller • Craig Gardy • Matthew Glaser • Stephanie Gurin • Adam Kleinberg • Alan Lacher|
|Important information:||Key deadlines • Additional elections on the ballot|