For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, was limited. Select races were covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
|Utah House of Representatives District 33|
|January 1, 2013 - present|
|December 31, 2016|
|Years in position||2|
|Per diem||$95/day (lodging) |
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Hall served on the following committees:
|Utah Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Political Subdivisions|
Hall's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
- Excerpt: "As a state, we must ensure that our educators have the needed resources to succeed. Education is a critical investment, and Craig will vote for what is best for our students."
- Excerpt: "We must promote economic policies that incentivize the creation of new jobs, attract new companies to our state, and help Utah emerge from the recession."
Elections for the office of Utah House of Representatives took place in 2014. A primary election took place on June 24, 2014. The general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was March 20, 2014. Elizabeth Muniz was unopposed in the Democratic convention. Incumbent Craig Hall was unopposed in the Republican convention. Hall defeated Muniz in the general election.
|Utah House of Representatives District 33, General Election, 2014|
|Republican||Craig Hall Incumbent||58.8%||2,788|
Hall won election in the 2012 election for Utah House of Representatives District 33. Hall advanced past the Republican convention and defeated Liz Muniz (D) in the general election, which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Utah House of Representatives, District 33, General Election, 2012|
Comprehensive donor information for Hall is available dating back to 2012. Based on available campaign finance records, Hall raised a total of $37,469 during that time period. This information was last updated on June 15, 2013.
|Craig Hall's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Utah State House, District 33||$37,469|
|Grand Total Raised||$37,469|
2012Hall won election to the Utah House of Representatives in 2012. During that election cycle, Hall raised a total of $37,469.
|Utah House of Representatives 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Craig Hall's campaign in 2012|
|Utah House Republican Elections Cmte||$5,000|
|Salt Lake County Republican Party||$3,538|
|Utah Association Of Realtors||$2,990|
|Merit Medical Systems||$1,500|
|Reagan Outdoor Advertising||$1,469|
|Total Raised in 2012||$37,469|
|Source:Follow the Money|
Legislative scorecards are used to evaluate elected public officials based on voting record. Some scorecards are created by political advocacy groups with a focus on specific issues, while others are developed by newspapers and are broad in scope. Scorecards are meant to be used as a tool for voters to have a quick picture of whether their views align with a particular legislator's record.
Because scorecards can be specific to particular issues or general to a state’s legislative term, for example, each report should be considered on its own merits. Each entity that publishes these reports uses different methodologies and definitions for the terms used.
Please see our writing guidelines if you would like to add results from an individual scorecard to this legislator's profile.
- Planned Parenthood Action Council: 2013 Legislative Scorecard
- Legislators are scored based on their votes on legislation related to women’s health, access to reproductive health care and education.
- Legislators are scored on their votes on key small business issues.
- Legislators are scored based on their votes on bills picked by Sutherland that promote conservative policy.
- Parents for Choice in Education: 2013 Legislative Scorecard
- Legislators are scored based on the issue of education.
- Utah Sierra Club: 2013/2014 Legislative Scorecards
- Legislators are scored based on their votes relating to environmental and conservation issues.
- Utah Taxpayers Association: 2013 Legislative Scorecard
- Utah Taxpayers Association: 2014 Legislative Scorecard
- Legislators are scored based on their votes on taxpayer related bills.
- Utahns Against Common Core: 2014 Legislative Scorecard
- Legislators are scored based on their votes on bills relating to Common Core reforms.
- Legislators are scored based on their votes in relation to the organization's "mission to defend individual liberty, private property and free enterprise."
The Libertas Institute Index
The Libertas Institute is a libertarian-leaning think tank located in Utah. Each year the organization releases a Legislative Index for Utah State Representatives and Senators.
Craig Hall received an index rating of 23%.
In 2014, Hall's endorsements include the following:
- Gov. Gary R. Herbert
- Norm Bangerter (former Utah Governor)
- Corey Rushton (West Valley City Council - Democrat)
- Brent Taylor (Owner of Taylor's Bike Shop)
- Jenny Olsen (Granite School District Community Council)
- Tom Huynh - West Valley City Council
- State Auditor John Dougall
- Rep. Jim Dunnigan - Utah House of Representatives
- Bob Marquardt - Co-chair, Education First
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Craig + Hall + Utah + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Utah State Legislature
- Utah House of Representatives
- Utah House of Representatives Committees
- Utah Joint Committees
- Utah House of Representatives District 33
- Official campaign website
- Rep. Hall's website
- Profile from Open States
- Craig Hall on Facebook
- Craig Hall on Twitter
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2012
- votecraighall, "Official Campaign Website," accessed March 29, 2014
- Utah Lieutenant Governor, "2014 Candidate Filings," accessed March 22, 2014
- Lieutenant Governor's Office, "Utah 2012 candidate filings," accessed March 29, 2014
- Follow the Money, "Hall, Craig," accessed June 15, 2013
- Libertas Institute, "Legislator Indexes," accessed January 21, 2014
- Vote Craig Hall, "Endorsements," accessed October 3, 2014
Neal Hendrickson (D)
|Utah House of Representatives District 33
| Succeeded by|