|North Dakota House of Representatives District 29|
|December 1, 2014|
|Years in position||12|
|Per diem||Up to $1,569/month for lodging|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 2, 2010|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Birthday||October 25, 1960|
|Place of birth||Jamestown, ND|
Headland attended North Dakota State University and Moorhead State University. His professional experience includes working as a farmer and previously worked as a machine operator.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Headland served on the following committees:
|North Dakota Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Finance and Taxation|
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Headland served on the following committees:
|North Dakota Committee Assignments, 2011|
|• Finance and Taxation|
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Headland served on the following committee:
|North Dakota Committee Assignments, 2009|
|• Political Subdivisions|
|• Finance and Taxation|
Elections for the office of North Dakota House of Representatives will take place in 2014. A primary election took place June 10, 2014. The general election will take place on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was April 7, 2014. Incumbent Chet Pollert and incumbent Craig Headland were unopposed in the Republican primary, while Lori Carlson and Charles Linderman were unopposed in the Democratic primary. Carlson, Linderman, Pollert and Headland will face off in the general election.
Headland won re-election to one of two seats in District 29 of the North Dakota House of Representatives. Headland and fellow incumbent Chet Pollert (R) defeated Ellen Linderman (D) and Jason McKenney (D).
|North Dakota State House, District 29|
|Chet Pollert (R)||3,356|
|Craig Headland (R)||2,932|
|Ellen Linderman (D)||2,114|
|Jason McKenney (D)||1,767|
|North Dakota House of Representatives, District 29|
|Craig Headland (R)||2,526|
|Chet Pollert (R)||2,787|
|Ellen Linderman (D-NPL)||2,429|
|Clarence R Daniel (D-NPL)||1,825|
In 2010, Headland received $7,200 in campaign donations. The top contributors are listed below.
|North Dakota House of Representatives 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Craig Headland's campaign in 2010|
|North Dakota Association Of Telecommunications Cooperatives||$1,750|
|Lignite Energy Council||$1,000|
|North Dakota Association Of Realtors||$500|
|Total Raised in 2010||$7,200|
In 2006, Headland collected $4,800 in donations.
These were the largest contributors in 2006.
|NORTH DAKOTA ASSOCIATION OF TELEPHONE COOPERATIVES||$1,400|
|NORTH DAKOTA REPUBLICAN HOUSE CAUCUS||$1,000|
|NORTH DAKOTA LIGNITE COUNCIL||$500|
|NORTH DAKOTA CHIROPRACTIC ASSOCIATION||$400|
|NORTH DAKOTA ASSOCIATION OF RURAL ELECTRIC COOPERATIVES||$400|
NDPC: North Dakota Legislative Review
The North Dakota Policy Council, a North Dakota-based nonprofit research organization which describes itself as "liberty-based", published the North Dakota Legislative Review, a comprehensive report on how state legislators voted during the 2011 legislative session. The scorecard seeks to show how North Dakota legislators voted on the principles the Council seeks to promote. The Council recorded and scored votes on both spending bills and policy bills, and awarded points accordingly. Policy issues voted upon included income tax cuts, pension reform, and government transparency. On spending legislation, the Council accorded a percentage score based on how much spending the legislator voted against. On policy legislation, scores range from the highest score (100%) to the lowest (0%). A higher score indicates that the legislator voted more in favor of the values supported by the Council. Headland received a score of 83.13% on policy legislation and voted against 11.04% of state spending. Headland was ranked 10th on policy and 22nd on spending, out of 94 House members evaluated for the study.
Headland and his wife, Dawn, have one child. They currently reside in Montpelier, North Dakota.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Craig + Headland + North + Dakota + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- North Dakota House of Representatives
- House Committees
- North Dakota Legislative Assembly
- North Dakota state legislative districts
- Profile from the North Dakota House of Representatives
- Profile from Open States
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Representative Headland's State Surge sponsored bills
- Rep. Headland on LinkedIn
- Campaign Contributions: 2010, 2008, 2006, 2002, 1998
- Project Smart Vote, "Biography of Rep. Headland," accessed May 23, 2014
- North Dakota Secretary of State, "2014 Primary Election Contest/Candidate List," accessed April 9, 2014
- North Dakota Secretary of State, "Official Results Primary Election - June 10, 2014," accessed July 8, 2014
- North Dakota Secretary of State, "2010 Primary Election results," accessed May 13, 2014
- North Dakota Secretary of State, "2010 General Election results," accessed May 13, 2014
- North Dakota Secretary of State, "2006 General Election Results," accessed May 22, 2014
- Follow the Money, "2010 contributions," accessed December 23, 2013
- Follow the Money, "2006 Campaign contributions," accessed May 13, 2014
- North Dakota Policy Council, "The North Dakota Legislative Review - 2011," accessed January 20, 2014
- North Dakota Policy Council "2011 North Dakota Legislative Review Rankings," accessed January 26, 2014
State of North Dakota
List of North Dakota ballot measures | Local measures | School bond issues | Ballot measure laws | Initiative laws | History of I&R | History of direct democracy | Campaign Finance Requirements | Recall process |
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Director of Game and Fish | Commissioner of Labor | Public Service Commission |