Craig Johnson (New York)
|New York State Senate District 7|
| Term in office began|
| Term in office ended|
- See also: New York State Senate elections, 2010
Johnson lost to Jack Martins (R) in the general election on November 2. The election was challenged and went under a recount, but eventually, Martins was declared winner as the Appeals court backed his victory.
|New York State Senate, General Election Results, District 7 (2010)|
|Jack Martins (R)||42,942|
|Craig Johnson (D)||42,491|
On November 4, 2008 Craig Johnson won the election for New York State Senate, District 7 with 68,172 votes.
Johnson raised $903,024 for his campaign.
|New York State Senate, District 7 (2008)|
|Craig Johnson (D)||68,172|
|Barbara C. Donno (R)||52,124|
Listed below are the five largest contributors to Craig Johnson's 2008 campaign.
|Stuart M. Johnson||$52,044|
|Craig M. Johnson||$20,000|
|Harras Bloom & Archer||$13,750|
|Adjunct Faculty Association at Nassau Community College||$10,500|
|Duffy Duffy & Burdo||$10,000|
Johnson's campaign website details several main issues:
- Tax Relief: "In the State Senate, Johnson, 39, has fought to provide real tax relief to those who needed it the most, control spending and reduce unfunded mandates on local governments and schools, and tackled the burgeoning foreclosure crisis on Long Island."
- National Security: "He also was the first lawmaker in the New York to push for state pension funds to be divested from companies that conduct business with the Iranian government. The State Comptroller has since adopted this socially responsible divestment strategy that will ensure that none of New York's money will go towards funding this extremist regime."
- MTA/LIRR Reform: "Senator Johnson has also been a tireless advocate for Mainline communities and joined many residents in their opposition to the MTA/ LIRR's controversial Third Track expansion project. He is also the author of the Main Line Community Empowerment Act, which would only allow the project to move forward after two thirds of the host towns and villages approved it."
- Senator, New York State Senate, 2007-present
- Legislator, Nassau County Legislature, 2000-2007
- Counsel, Jaspan Schlesinger Hoffman Limited Liability Partnership
While a member of the New York State Senate, Johnson served on the following committees:
- Education Committee, New York State Senate
- Health Committee, New York State Senate
- Insurance Committee, New York State Senate
- Investigations and Government Operations Committee, New York State Senate
- Local Government Committee, New York State Senate
- Racing, Gaming and Wagering Committee, New York State Senate
Johnson and his wife, Liz, have two children.
151 Herricks Road, Suite 202
Garden City Park, NY 11040
P: (516) 746-5923
F: (516) 746-5926
814 Legislative Office Building
Albany, NY 12247
P: (518) 455-2622
F: (518) 426-6894
Contact the campaign via this web form.
- Craig Johnson's personal website
- Official New York State Senate website
- Official campaign facebook page
- Official campaign twitter page
- YouTube channel
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2008
- Complete list of sponsored bills
- Newsday Candidate profile and recent coverage
- Imagine Election profile
|New York Senate District 7
| Succeeded by|