Creighton Pono Higa
|Creighton Pono Higa|
Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Hawaii House of Representatives District 44|
Higa's campaign website listed the following issues:
- JOB CREATION
- Excerpt: "We can no longer sustain our dependence on energy by continuing our use of imported fossil fuels. For the State of Hawai`i to move into an era of true sustainability, we must research all potential sources of energy some of which include solar, wave, water, wind, as well as geothermal energy."
- Excerpt: "The Interstate Highway-1 or H-1, built in the 1950ʻs, may have far exceeded its expected capacity for when it was built but can no longer sustain the demand of our more than 1-million island residence today. Its engineering suffers from having short off-ramps, flawed planning in relation to arterial roads and their traffic signals, on-ramps that enter the freeway almost immediately before an off-ramp, expiration dates for required maintenance."
Higa ran in the 2012 election for Hawaii House of Representatives District 44. Higa ran unopposed in the August 11 Republican primary and was defeated by District 45 incumbent Jo Jordan (D) in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Hawaii House of Representatives, District 44, General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Jo Jordan Incumbent||73.7%||3,728|
|Republican||Creighton Pono Higa||26.3%||1,329|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google News search for the term "Creighton + Higa + Hawaii + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Creighton Pono Higa, "Issues," accessed October 3, 2012
- civilbeat.com, " Unofficial 2012 Primary election candidate list," accessed March 24, 2014
- Hawaii Secretary of State, "Official 2012 Primary election results," accessed March 24, 2014
- Hawaii Secretary of State, "Official 2012 General election results," accessed March 24, 2014