Crowley Independent School District, Texas
|Crowley Independent School District|
|Number of schools:||23|
|Website:||School Home Page|
|Board of Education|
|Board president:||June W. Davis|
- 1 About the district
- 2 Superintendent
- 3 School board
- 4 Budget
- 5 Teacher salaries
- 6 Schools in Crowley Independent School District
- 7 Academic performance
- 8 Contact information
- 9 See also
- 10 External links
- 11 References
About the districtCrowley, a city located in Tarrant County, Texas. According to the United States Census Bureau, Crowley is home to 13,580 residents.
Crowley underperformed in comparison to the rest of Texas in terms of higher education achievement in 2010. The United States Census Bureau found that 20.8% of Crowley residents aged 25 years and older had attained a Bachelor's degree compared to 26.3% for Texas as a whole. The median household income in Crowley was $65,419 compared to $51,563 for the state of Texas. The poverty rate in Crowley was 7.9% compared to 17.4% for the entire state.
The superintendent of Crowley Independent School District is Dan Powell as of April 9, 2014. He has served in the position since his appointment in 2010. Powell served as the superintendent of Fort Worth Independent School District from 1986 to 1997 and Everman Independent School District from 1997 to 2004. Powell was a professor at Texas Christian University from 2004 to 2010.
The Crowley Board of Trustees consists of seven members elected to three-year terms. Each member is elected to a specific seat but represents the entire district. Trustees are not paid but receive compensation for travel expenses and conference fees associated with district business.
|Crowley Board of Trustees|
|June W. Davis||4||2015|
School board elections
Members of the Board of Trustees are elected to three-year terms on a staggered basis. Three seats are up for election on May 10, 2014. This election includes an unexpired one-year term for Place 3. Two seats will be on the ballot in May 2015 and three seats will be up for election in May 2016.
Public participation in board meetings
The Board of Trustees maintains the following policy regarding public participation in board meetings last updated in 2004:
This text is quoted verbatim from the original source. Any inconsistencies are attributed to the original source.
Audience participation at a Board meeting is limited to the public comment portion of the meeting designated for that purpose. At all other times during a Board meeting, the audience shall not enter into discussion or debate on matters being considered by the Board, unless requested by the presiding officer.
No presentation shall exceed five minutes. Delegations of more than five persons shall appoint one person to present their views before the Board.
COMPLAINTS AND CONCERNS
—Crowley Independent School District's website, (2014), 
Crowley Independent School District publishes its annual budget on its website.
|Expenditures by Category|
|School Year||Staff Expenses||Student Services||Operational Expenses||Debt Service||Other||Budget Total|
|Total||% of Budget||Total||% of Budget||Total||% of Budget||Total||% of Budget||Total||% of Budget|
Teacher salaries at Crowley Independent School District are categorized based on higher education achievement and years of service. A teacher with a Bachelor's degree can earn higher salaries by pursuing graduate degrees. The salary schedule also accounts for graduate degrees by providing higher starting salaries and greater potential salaries. The following table lists salaries for district teachers during the 2013-2014 school year:
|Degree level||Minimum salary ($)||Median salary ($)||Maximum salary ($)|
Schools in Crowley Independent School District
Crowley Independent School District operates 23 K-12 schools listed below in alphabetical order:
|Crowley Independent School District|
|Bess Race Elementary School|
|Bill R. Johnson CTE Center|
|Crowley 9th Grade Campus|
|Crowley High School|
|Crowley Learning Center|
|Crowley Middle School|
|Dallas Park Elementary School|
|David L. Walker Intermediate School|
|Deer Creek Elementary School|
|H.F. Stevens Middle School|
|J.A. Hargrave Elementary School|
|Jackie Carden Elementary School|
|Mary Harris Intermediate School|
|Meadowcreek Elementary School|
|North Crowley 9th Grade Campus|
|North Crowley High School|
|Oakmont Elementary School|
|Parkway Elementary School|
|S.H. Crowley Intermediate School|
|Sidney H. Poynter Elementary School|
|Sue Crouch Intermediate School|
|Summer Creek Middle School|
|Sycamore Elementary School|
The Texas Education Agency issues an annual accountability report for each school district in the state. This rating determines if district schools fulfill expectations in four categories of educational achievement during a particular school year. The following terms explain these categories:
- Student Achievement: Measures student performance on the annual Texas Assessment of Knowledge and Skills (TAKS) test.
- Student Progress: Measures student performance in reading, math and writing courses at the district level.
- Closing Performance Gaps: Measures year-to-year performance among students in the lowest-performing demographics.
- Postsecondary Readiness: Measures student readiness for college, employment or military service after graduation.
Crowley Independent School District received a Met Standard designation on the state's 2013 report. District schools met 89% of indicators set forth by state education officials and all four assessment categories. The following table details the district's accountability report during the 2012-2013 school year:
|Performance Index Summary, 2012-2013|
|Category||Points earned||Maximum points||Index score||Target score|
|Closing Performance Gaps||948||1,500||63||55|
- List of school districts in Texas
- Crowley Independent School District elections (2014)
- School Board Elections portal
- Crowley Independent School District
- Crowley, Texas
- Texas Education Agency
- Texas Association of School Boards
- Texas Education Agency, "2012-2013 District Performance," accessed April 10, 2014
- Crowley Independent School District, "Points of Pride," January 19, 2014
- United States Census Bureau, "Crowley, Texas," accessed March 18, 2014
- Texas Secretary of State, "Historical Election Results," accessed March 18, 2014
- LinkedIn, "Dan Powell," accessed April 9, 2014
- Crowley Independent School District, "Eligibility/Qualifications," September 29, 2011
- Crowley Independent School District, "Public Participation," July 22, 2004
- Crowley Independent School District, "Adopted Budget - General Operating Fund," accessed December 6, 2013
- Crowley Independent School District, "Compensation Plan 2013-2014," June 27, 2013
- National Center for Education Statistics, "ELSI Table Generator," accessed January 27, 2014
- Crowley Independent School District, "Campus Principal List 2013-2014," February 17, 2014
- Texas Education Agency, "Accountability Summary 2013: Crowley ISD," accessed April 8, 2014