|Former candidate for|
|New York State Senate, District 36|
|Party||Independence Party of New York State|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
Collins' campaign website highlighted the following issues:
New Leadership, New Vision
- Excerpt: "More than one in four families is living in poverty in the Bronx. Basic living needs including quality health care, educational success and public safety are impeded. If elected as your New York State Senator, my main focus would be you. My goal is to work for you and improve the quality of life in all areas."
Jobs and the Economy
- Excerpt: "I will work with small business communities and active business associations to promote and strengthen their relationship so that they will work collectively to enhance the quality of life for the business owners and residents within our area. I will fight for more funding to increase the economic growth in the district and increase job opportunities."
- Excerpt: "As your New York State Senator, I will diligently work for our community to bring resources and programs to this area. I am a parent of four and I have a vested interest in the improvement of our schools across the board for both Mount Vernon and the Bronx."
- Excerpt: "I will fight for seniors. My goal is to achieve better access to senior services programs and benefits. Many of our seniors are struggling to make ends meet, suffering from hunger, physical, mental, health and financial hardships."
- Excerpt: "I will continue to fight for the availability of affordable housing in our district. I will work with our local officials to develop a plan to meet the tax cap initiative to bring some reprieve to homeowners."
- See also: New York State Senate elections, 2014
Elections for the office of New York State Senate took place in 2014. A primary election took place on September 9, 2014. The general election took place November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was July 10, 2014. Incumbent Ruth Hassell-Thompson defeated Crystal Collins in the Democratic primary, while Robert Diamond was unopposed in the Republican primary. Collins also ran on the Independence Party of New York State ticket and Diamond also ran on the Conservative Party ticket. Hassell-Thompson defeated Diamond and Collins (IND) in the general election.
|New York State Senate, District 36 Democratic Primary, 2014|
|Ruth Hassell-Thompson Incumbent||83.9%||9,807|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Crystal + Collins + New + York + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- New York State Senate
- New York State Senate District 36
- New York State Senate elections, 2014
- New York State Legislature
- Official campaign website
- Crystal Collins on Facebook
- Crystal Collins on Twitter
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Email submission to Ballotpedia, May 28, 2014
- Crystal Collins for NY Senate, "Platform," accessed August 19, 2014
- New York Board of Elections, "Certification for the September 9, 2014, State Primary Election," accessed December 17, 2014
- New York Board of Elections, "Primary results for September 9, 2014," accessed October 1, 2014
- New York Board of Elections, "NYS Board of Elections Senate Election Returns November 4, 2014," accessed December 17, 2014