Crystal D. LaMotte
|Crystal D. LaMotte|
|Former candidate for|
|Indiana State Senate, District 31|
|High school||Noblesville High School, 1990|
|Bachelor's||Indiana University, 1995|
|Place of birth||Fremont, Nebraska|
|(dead link) Campaign website|
LaMotte's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
- Excerpt: "We are crushing hard-working Hoosiers by taxing them at every opportunity. Welfare needs more careful oversight. This, combined with the creation of legislation, which would limit capable Hoosiers from taking advantage of our welfare system, is long overdue."
Tougher Criminal Sentencing
- Excerpt: "Due to loopholes, we are sending child offenders back to the streets to re-offend. Crimes against our most vulnerable must be dealt with in the most serious fashion."
Protection of the Traditional Family Unit
- Excerpt: "Marriage should be defined as a union between one man and one woman, and we must preserve this God-ordained institution. One in two marriages ends in divorce, and our children suffer the most. Counseling should be mandated prior to both marriage and divorce."
Sanctity of Life
- Excerpt: "There is no greater crime against humanity than the merciless killing of the unborn. We, as a society, need to step in and protect the most innocent and defenseless among us and curb the tide of abortion."
Job Creation Incentives
- Excerpt: "Let's empower, not encumber the job creators in our state, regardless of their size. Let's improve upon progress made in our state by removing unnecessary bureaucratic complexities and creating appropriate tax incentives for those creating jobs in Indiana."
- See also: Indiana State Senate elections, 2014
Elections for the office of Indiana State Senate took place in 2014. A primary election took place on May 6, 2014. The general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was February 7, 2014. Incumbent James W. Merritt, Jr. defeated Crystal D. LaMotte in the Republican primary and was unchallenged in the general election.
|Indiana State Senate, District 31 Republican Primary, 2014|
|James Merritt, Jr. Incumbent||74%||6,035|
|Crystal D. LaMotte||26%||2,118|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Crystal + LaMotte + Indiana + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Indiana State Senate
- Indiana State Senate District 31
- Indiana State Senate elections, 2014
- Indiana State Legislature
- Official campaign website (dead link)
- Crystal LaMotte on Facebook
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Official candidate list