Culpeper County, Virginia
- Main article: Evaluation of Virginia county websites
- Names and contact information for county board members are posted.
- Names and contact information about county administrative officials are available on the individual departments' web pages.
- Budgets and audited annual financial reports are provided for current and previous years.
- Building inspections can be requested and their status checked online.
- Current solicitations for bids and a listing of awarded contracts are posted online.
- County taxes can be paid online.
- The website includes a link to the National Association of Counties, which lists the county as a member.
- Term expiration dates are not listed for all county board members.
- County board meeting minutes and agendas for current and previous years are posted but appear incomplete.
- A form for FOIA requests is available, but there appears to be no record of the county's FOIA compliance.
- The website does not include a link to the Virginia Association of Counties, which lists the county as a member.
- Main article: Virginia government sector lobbying
In 2004, Culpeper County was hoping to build a local sports complex when it was approached by a representative of Alcalde and Fay, a Northern Virginia lobbying group, with a plan of gaining the necessary funds for the $3.5 million sports complex by tying it to a federal appropriation bills. The agreement between the county and the firm came at a total of $90,000 over an 18-month contract. This comes down to selling federal taxpayer money for just 2.6 cents on the dollar.
- Culpeper County Website
- Culpeper County Chamber of Commerce
- Culpeper County Tourism Department
- Culpeper County on e-Reference
- Culpeper County on US Census
- Culpeper County board of supervisors
- Culpeper County government
- Culpeper County finance department
- Culpeper County e-Inspector services
- Culpeper County purchasing department
- Culpeper County e-Treasurer services
- Culpeper County links
- National Association of Counties entry for Culpeper County
- Culpeper County board meeting minutes
- Culpeper County board meeting agendas
- Culpeper County FOIA request form
- Virginia Association of Counties Members
- "How to Cure Pork", Wall Street Journal, January 23, 2006
State of Virginia
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor of Public Accounts | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Secretary of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor and Industry | Chairman of State Corporation Commission |