|Vermont House of Representatives Chittenden 6-3|
|January 9, 2013 - Present|
|January 7, 2015|
|Years in position||1|
|Per diem||$107/day (non-commuter) |
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Profession||Electrical contractor/environmental consultant|
McCormack's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
- Safe Neighborhoods
- Excerpt: "Crime isn’t going away and having awoke in the middle of the night myself to find an intruder in my home, I can tell you it’s time we get serious about making our community safer."
- Affordable Housing
- Excerpt: Burlington must continue to support real affordable housing options for families and Vermonters desperate for housing. This is a human rights issue. I currently am working on rehabing a formerly condemned three unit property on North Winooski Ave working to make it an affordable housing option.
- Excerpt: I’m one of the many Vermonters who doesn’t own a car. I bike everywhere around Burlington. Perhaps you’ve seen me? Urban transportation is not just an environmental issue, it’s a human rights issue. Better access for all members of our community is something I’ve dedicated myself to. As theBicycle and Pedestrian Coordinator for the Vermont Agency on Transportation I helped build, rebuild, and repair hundreds of miles of bike and pedestrian paths throughout the state."
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, McCormack served on the following committees:
|Vermont Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Natural Resources and Energy|
Elections for the office of Vermont House of Representatives took place in 2014. A primary election took place on August 26, 2014. The general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was June 12, 2014. Chittenden-6-3 has two state representatives. Incumbents Curt McCormack and Jill Krowinski were unopposed in the Democratic primary. Both candidates were unopposed in the general election.
McCormack won election in the 2012 election for Vermont House of Representatives Chittenden 6-3. McCormack was unopposed in the August 28 Democratic primary and won election in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
Comprehensive donor information for McCormack is available dating back to 2012. Based on available campaign finance records, McCormack raised a total of $4,081 during that time period. This information was last updated on September 21, 2013.
|Curt McCormack's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Vermont State House, District Chittenden-6-3||$4,081|
|Grand Total Raised||$4,081|
2012McCormack won election to the Vermont House of Representatives in 2012. During that election cycle, McCormack raised a total of $4,081.
|Vermont House of Representatives 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Curt McCormack's campaign in 2012|
|Krowinski, Cte Jill||$418|
|Total Raised in 2012||$4,081|
|Source:Follow the Money|
Legislative scorecards are used to evaluate elected public officials based on voting record. Some scorecards are created by political advocacy groups with a focus on specific issues, while others are developed by newspapers and are broad in scope. Scorecards are meant to be used as a tool for voters to have a quick picture of whether their views align with a particular legislator's record.
Because scorecards can be specific to particular issues or general to a state’s legislative term, for example, each report should be considered on its own merits. Each entity that publishes these reports uses different methodologies and definitions for the terms used.
Please see our writing guidelines if you would like to add results from an individual scorecard to this legislator's profile.
- National Federation of Independent Business in Vermont: 2013-2014 Legislative Voting Record
- Legislators are scored based on their votes on key small business issues.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Curt + McCormack + Vermont + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Vermont State Legislature
- Vermont State Senate
- Vermont State Senate Committees
- Vermont Joint Committees
- Vermont state legislative districts
- Curt McCormack for House, "Issues," accessed October 27, 2014
- Vermont Secretary of State, "2014 Candidate Listing," June 13, 2014
- Vermont Secretary of State, "2014 General Election Candidate Listing," accessed October 11, 2014
- Vermont Secretary of State, "Election Results Search," accessed April 23, 2014
- followthemoney.org, "McCormack, Curt," accessed September 21, 2013