|Maryland House of Delegates District 43|
|January 12, 2015|
|Years in position (current service)||11|
|Years in position (previous service)||12|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 2, 2010|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Bachelor's||Morgan State College, 1974|
|J.D.||University of Baltimore School of Law, 1987|
|Birthday||October 12, 1949|
|Place of birth||Chicago, IL|
Anderson earned his B.S. in Political Science from Morgan State University in 1973 and his J.D. from the University of Baltimore Law School in 1982. His professional experience includes working as a news anchor.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Anderson served on these committees:
- Subcommittee on Criminal Justice, Chair
Elections for the office of Maryland House of Delegates will consist of a primary election on June 24, 2014, and a general election on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was February 25, 2014. Incumbents Curt Anderson, Maggie McIntosh and Mary Washington will face Timothy Vance in the Democratic primary. Greg A. Dorsey is running as an Independent.
|Maryland House of Delegates, District 43 General Election (2010)|
|Curt Anderson (D)||24,831|
|Maggie McIntosh (D)||23,266|
|Mary Washington (D)||22,334|
On November 7, 2006, Curt Anderson ran for District 43 of the Maryland House of Delegates, winning the first of three seats, beating Maggie McIntosh, Ann Marie Doory, Armand Girard, David Greene, Brandy Baker, and Richard Ochs.
Curt Anderson raised $26,820 for his campaign.
|Maryland House of Delegates, District 43|
|Curt Anderson (D)||22,315||29.4%|
|Maggie McIntosh (D)||22,093||29.1%|
|Ann Marie Doory (D)||21,219||28.0%|
|Armand Girard (R)||3,425||4.5%|
|David Greene (G)||2,619||3.5%|
|Brandy Baker (G)||2,267||3.0%|
|Richard Ochs (G)||1,772||2.3%|
In 2010, a year in which Anderson was up for re-election, he collected $18,268 in donations.
His largest contributors in 2010 were:
|Maryland House of Delegates 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Curt Anderson's campaign in 2010|
|Service Employees Dc & Maryland State Council 54||$3,000|
|Maryland Trial Lawyers Association||$3,000|
|Committe For Curt Anderson||$1,304|
|Carpenters & Joiners||$1,000|
|Friends Of Ann Marie Doory||$1,000|
|Total Raised in 2010||$18,268|
In 2006 Curt Anderson collected $26,820 in donations.
His five largest contributors in 2006 were:
|Maryland Trial Lawyers Association||$2,500|
|Mid-Atlantic Regional Council of Carpenters||$2,000|
|BLM & C Inc.||$1,000|
|1199 SEIU United Healthcare Workers East||$1,000|
|Citizens for Maggie McIntosh||$1,000|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term Curt + Anderson + Maryland + Legislature
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Maryland House of Delegates - Rep. Curtis Anderson
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004, 2002
- "Maryland Manual On-Line". Maryland Archives. http://www.msa.md.gov/msa/mdmanual/06hse/html/msa13208.html. Retrieved on 2007-02-23.
- Maryland Secretary of State, "Official primary election candidate list," accessed March 3, 2014
- Maryland Secretary of State, "Official general election results," accessed March 4, 2014
- Maryland House of Delegates official election results for 2006
- Follow the Money's report on Anderson's 2006 campaign contributions
- 2010 campaign contributions
- 2006 contributors to Curt Anderson
State of Maryland
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Comptroller | Treasurer | Superintendent of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Secretary of Natural Resources | Secretary of Labor, Licensing and Regulation | Chairman of Public Service Commission |