|Iowa House of Representatives District 82|
|January 8, 2017|
|Years in position||6|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
|First elected||September 1, 2009|
|Next general||November 8, 2016|
|Bachelor's||University of Northern Iowa|
|Master's||University of Iowa|
|Profession||Public School Teacher|
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Hanson served on the following committees:
|Iowa Committee Assignments, 2012|
|• Natural Resources|
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Hanson served on the following committees:
|Iowa Committee Assignments, 2011|
|• Natural Resources|
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Hanson served on the following committees:
|Iowa Committee Assignments, 2009|
|• Environmental Protection|
|• Natural Resources|
|• Public Safety|
Elections for the office of Iowa House of Representatives took place in 2014. A primary election took place on June 3, 2014. The general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was March 14, 2014. Incumbent Curt Hanson was unopposed in the Democratic primary, while Jeff Shipley was unopposed in the Republican primary. Hanson faced Shipley in the general election. Incumbent Hanson defeated Shipley in the general election.
|Iowa House of Representatives District 82, General Election, 2014|
|Democratic||Curt Hanson Incumbent||51.7%||5,885|
Hanson ran in the 2012 election for Iowa House of Representatives District 82. Hanson ran unopposed in the Democratic primary on June 5, 2012, and defeated James F. Johnson in the general election on November 6, 2012.
|Iowa House of Representatives, District 82, General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Curt Hanson Incumbent||59%||8,613|
|Republican||James F. Johnson||41%||5,984|
Hanson won re-election to the 90th District seat against Stephen Burgmeier (R). Hanson had no opposition in the Democratic primary. The general election took place on November 2, 2010.
|Iowa House of Representatives, District 90 General Election (2010)|
|Curt Hanson (D)||6,183|
|Stephen Burgmeier (R)||5,126|
Comprehensive donor information for Hanson is available dating back to 2010. Based on available campaign finance records, Hanson raised a total of $185,001 during that time period. This information was last updated on September 20, 2013.
|Curt Hanson's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Iowa State House, District 82||$45,533|
|2010||Iowa State House, District 90||$139,468|
|Grand Total Raised||$185,001|
2012Hanson won re-election to the Iowa House of Representatives in 2012. During that election cycle, Hanson raised a total of $45,533.
|Iowa House of Representatives 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Curt Hanson's campaign in 2012|
|Iowa Democratic Party||$9,200|
|Hanson, Curtis D||$6,877|
|Iowa Federation of Labor Afl-Cio||$2,000|
|Operating Engineers Local 234||$2,000|
|Iowa Hospital Association||$2,000|
|Total Raised in 2012||$45,533|
|Source:Follow the Money|
In 2010 Hanson collected $139,468 in campaign donations. The largest donors are listed as follows:
|Iowa House of Representatives 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Curt Hanson's campaign in 2010|
|Iowa Democratic Party||$67,335|
|AFSCME Iowa Council 61||$6,213|
|Food & Commercial Workers District 431||$6,000|
|Total Raised in 2010||$139,468|
Legislative scorecards are used to evaluate elected public officials based on voting record. Some scorecards are created by political advocacy groups with a focus on specific issues, while others are developed by newspapers and are broad in scope. Scorecards are meant to be used as a tool for voters to have a quick picture of whether their views align with a particular legislator's record.
Because scorecards can be specific to particular issues or general to a state’s legislative term, for example, each report should be considered on its own merits. Each entity that publishes these reports uses different methodologies and definitions for the terms used.
Please see our writing guidelines if you would like to add results from an individual scorecard to this legislator's profile.
- Legislators are scored on "their records on constitutional principles and civil liberties."
- Legislators are scored on their votes on "key conservative issues."
- Legislators are scored on their votes with or against SC's official position.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term Curt + Hanson + Iowa + Legislature
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Iowa House of Representatives
- Iowa House Committees
- Iowa House of Representatives District 82
- Iowa State Legislature
- Curt Hanson's Personal Website
- Curt Hanson on the Iowa House Website
- Profile from Open States
- Campaign contributions: 2012, 2010
- Iowa Secretary of State, "Official primary election candidate list," accessed March 18, 2014
- Iowa Secretary of State, "Official primary election results," accessed June 30, 2014
- Iowa Secretary of State, "Official general election candidate list," accessed July 7, 2014
- Iowa Secretary of State, "Official general election results," accessed December 1, 2014
- Iowa Secretary of State, "Official Primary Results," accessed October 1, 2014
- Iowa Department of Elections, "2012 Primary Candidates," accessed May 15, 2012
- Iowa Secretary of State, "Official 2010 General election results," accessed October 1, 2014
- followthemoney.org, "Hanson, Curt," accessed September 20, 2013
- Follow The Money, "2010 Contributions," accessed April 7, 2014
- StateScape, "Session schedules," accessed August 2, 2014
Linda Miller (R)
|Iowa House of Representatives District 82
| Succeeded by|
|Iowa House of Representatives District 90
| Succeeded by|
Cindy Winckler (D)
State of Iowa
Des Moines (capital)
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor of State | Director of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor | Chair of Utilities |
Iowa Supreme Court | Judicial Nominating and Qualifications Commission | Circuit Court of Appeals | District Courts | Judicial Nominating Commission | Judicial news | Judicial activist organizations |