|Former candidate for|
|Oklahoma House of Representatives, District 85|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
Munson's campaign website highlighted the following issues:
- Excerpt: "Cyndi knows that good jobs are the key to a strong economy. She’s proud to live in what’s considered by many to be the most recession-proof state in the nation, but knows that we’ll have to work to keep it that way. Cyndi believes Oklahoma has the opportunity to attract businesses and jobs by promoting high standards of living and providing incentives for businesses to thrive in our state."
- Excerpt: "A product of the Oklahoma education system and caring teachers, Cyndi knows education has to be a priority. Cyndi is dedicated to ensuring that our public schools have the funding they need to provide a first-class education for our students. She is dedicated to try new approaches that will provide standards for schools but will not tie down their ability to teach Oklahoma’s children."
Women and Girls
- Excerpt: "Oklahoma is ranked the second worst state in the nation for women to live in. One in four women in Oklahoma don’t have health insurance. 49% of women in Oklahoma will experience domestic violence in their lifetime. Cyndi knows these kinds of statistics are unacceptable and will fight to change them as a legislator. Oklahoma’s women need a strong voice at the State Capitol, and Cyndi will be there for them."
Elections for the office of Oklahoma House of Representatives took place in 2014. A primary election took place on June 24, 2014. The general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was April 11, 2014. Incumbent David Dank was unopposed in the Republican primary, while Cyndi Munson was unopposed in the Democratic primary. Dank defeated Munson in the general election.
|Oklahoma House of Representatives, District 85 General Election, 2014|
|Republican||David Dank Incumbent||56.4%||6,635|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Cyndi + Munson + Oklahoma + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Oklahoma House of Representatives
- Oklahoma State Legislature
- Oklahoma House of Representatives elections, 2014
- Oklahoma House of Representatives District 85
- Official campaign website
- Cyndi Munson on Facebook
- Cyndi Munson on Twitter
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Oklahoma State Board of Elections, "Candidates for State Elective Officials 2014"
- Cyndi Munson campaign website, "Issues," accessed September 22, 2014
- Oklahoma State Election Board, "Candidates for State Elective Officials 2014," accessed April 15, 2014
- Oklahoma State Election Board, "Official Results Statewide Primary Election — June 24, 2014," accessed July 10, 2014
- Oklahoma State Election Board, "Official General Election Results, Federal, State, Legislative and Judicial Races — November 4, 2014," accessed November 5, 2014
State of Oklahoma
Oklahoma City (capital)
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor and Inspector | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Director of Wildlife Conservation | Commissioner of Labor | Commissioner of Corporations |