|Former candidate for|
|Michigan State Senate, District 13|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
Peltonen's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
- Excerpt: "Cyndi is alarmed by legislation passed in the last three years that demeans and discredits education professionals. Budgets that funnel money out of comprehensive, community governed schools to corporations is not fiscally responsible. Public policy decisions need to be data-driven, include input from those in the field, and reflect legitimate best practices. It is our job as a community to work together to create the best possible environment for our children to learn and develop lifelong skills."
Energy, Environment and Infrastructure
- Excerpt: "Cyndi acknowledges Michigan's need for comprehensive solutions to meet our long-term energy needs. She knows this cannot be done without a transition to clean energy. In the legislature, Cyndi will vote for greater investment in renewable energy sources so that Michigan can be less dependent on foreign oil, while simultaneously creating sustainable jobs within the state."
- Excerpt: "She firmly believes no one should be discriminated against because of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression. Discrimination in any form violates core American values of fairness and equality.As the 13th District’s Senator, Cyndi will fight alongside the people of Michigan to make sure every voice is not only heard, but also recognized."
- Excerpt: "When elected to office, Cyndi will call on fellow lawmakers to join her in the fight to advance equal pay legislation. She believes this can be accomplished through such common sense approaches such as requiring employers to be more transparent in their salary reporting for similarly situated positions, and by penalizing those who are uncooperative or who pay disparate wages for similar job descriptions and experience. Cyndi will work to make sure all will work to make sure all Michigan women and their families are protected against unequal pay practices."
- See also: Michigan State Senate elections, 2014
Elections for the office of Michigan State Senate took place in 2014. A primary election was held on August 5, 2014, and a general election took place on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was April 22, 2014. Cyndi Peltonen defeated Ryan Fishman in the Democratic primary. Five candidates faced off in the Republican primary; Marty Knollenberg won, with Rocky Raczkowski finishing second. Knollenberg defeated Peltonen in the general election.
|Michigan State Senate, District 13 General Election, 2014|
|Michigan State Senate, District 13 Democratic Primary, 2014|
|Michigan State Senate, District 13 Republican Primary, 2014|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Cyndi + Peltonen + Michigan + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Michigan State Senate
- Michigan State Senate District 13
- Michigan State Senate elections, 2014
- Michigan State Legislature
- Official campaign website
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Cyndi Peltonen on Facebook
- Michigan Secretary of State, “2014 Unofficial Michigan Primary Candidate Listing,” accessed May 1, 2014
- cyndi4senate.com, "Issues," accessed June 18, 2014
- Michigan Secretary of State, "State Senator," accessed August 6, 2014
- Michigan Secretary of State, "State Senator," accessed December 5, 2014
- Michigan Secretary of State, "2014 Official Michigan Primary Candidate Listing," accessed May 27, 2014
- Michigan Secretary of State, "2014 Official Michigan General Candidate Listing," accessed September 8, 2014