|Board member, Edmond School Board, Area 4|
|Elections and appointments|
|Next general||February 11, 2014|
|High school||Canadian High School|
|Bachelor's||University of Oklahoma|
Cynthia Benson is a clinical dietitian who has served at several hospitals including HealthSouth Rehabilitation Hospital, University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center and Barnes West County Hospital. Benson earned her Bachelor's degree from the University of Oklahoma.
- See also: Edmond Public Schools elections (2014)
Cynthia Benson challenged incumbent Stephanie Bills for the Area 4 seat in the general election on February 11, 2014.
On February 11, 2014, Cynthia Benson defeated Stephanie Bills in the general election.
|Edmond Public Schools Board of Education, 5 Year Term At Large General Election, 2014|
|Source: Oklahoma State Election Board, "OFFICIAL RESULTS: Oklahoma County," accessed April 10, 2014|
Benson did not report any campaign contributions or expenditures to the Oklahoma Ethics Commission.
Benson did not receive any official endorsements for her campaign.
About the district
- See also: Edmond Public Schools, Oklahoma
Edmond outperformed in comparison to the rest of Oklahoma in terms of higher education achievement in 2012, median household income and percentage of residents living above the poverty level. The United States Census Bureau found that 50.7% of Edmond residents aged 25 years and older had attained a Bachelor's degree compared to 23.2% for Oklahoma as a whole. The median household income in Edmond was $71,216 compared to $44,891 for the state of Oklahoma. The poverty rate in Edmond was 10.6% compared to 16.6% for the entire state.
Note: The United States Census Bureau considers "Hispanic or Latino" to be a place of origin, not a race. Therefore, the Census allows citizens to report both their race and that they are from a "Hispanic or Latino" place of origin simultaneously. As a result, the percentages in each column of the racial demographics table will exceed 100 percent. Each column will add up to 100 percent after removing the "Hispanic or Latino" place of origin percentages, although rounding by the Census Bureau may make the total one- or two-tenths off from being exactly 100 percent. This Ballotpedia page provides a more detailed explanation of how the Census Bureau handles race and ethnicity in its surveys.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Cynthia + Benson + Edmond + Public + Schools"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Edmond Public Schools, "Board Member Map," accessed January 16, 2014
- LinkedIn.com, "Cynthia Benson 4 Edmond School Board," accessed January 16, 2014
- Oklahoma, "Candidate Information," accessed January 14, 2014
- United States Census Bureau, "Edmond, Oklahoma," accessed January 15, 2014
- National Center for Education Statistics, "ELSI Table Generator," accessed January 14, 2014
- Oklahoma, "MESA - Current Registration Statistics by County," accessed January 15, 2014
- United States Census Bureau, "Frequently Asked Questions," accessed April 21, 2014
|2014 Edmond Public Schools Elections|
|Election date:||February 11, 2014|
|Candidates:||Area 4: • Cynthia Benson • Incumbent, Stephanie Bills|
|Important information:||What was at stake? • Key deadlines • Additional elections on the ballot|