|Vermont House Of Representatives, Bennington 5|
|2007 - Present|
|January 7, 2015|
|Years in position||7|
|Per diem||$107/day (non-commuter) |
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Profession||Executive Director, Vermont Country Store|
Browning earned her B.A. in Social Sciences from Bennington College in 1979. She went on to receive her M.A. in Economics from the University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, in 1982. She then earned her PhD in Economics in 1989.
Browning has worked as an Economics Professor for Williams College, Smith College, and Bates College. She then worked as a Consultant for Batten Kill Watershed Alliance from 2003 to 2004. She has been Executive Director for the Vermont Country Store since 2002.
Browning has served as a Selectboard Member on the Arlington Selectboard since 2004.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Browning served on the following committees:
|Vermont Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Corrections and Institutions|
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Browning served on these committees:
|Vermont Committee Assignments, 2011|
|• Corrections and Institutions|
|• Government Accountability|
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Browning served on these committees:
|Vermont Committee Assignments, 2009|
|• Corrections Oversight|
Elections for the office of Vermont House of Representatives will consist of a primary election on August 26, 2014, and a general election on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was June 12, 2014. Bennington-4 has two representatives. Incumbent Cynthia Browning and Steve Berry are unopposed in the Democratic primary. Tony Dupont is unopposed in the Republican primary.
Browning won re-election in the 2012 election for Vermont House of Representatives Bennington 4. Browning was unopposed in the August 28 Democratic primary and was unopposed in the general election, which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Vermont House of Representatives, Bennington 5 General Election (2010)|
|Cynthia Browning (D)||902|
|Carlynann Ackermann (R)||648|
Comprehensive donor information for Browning is available dating back to 2010. Based on available campaign finance records, Browning raised a total of $16,633 during that time period. This information was last updated on September 21, 2013.
|Cynthia Browning's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Vermont State House, District Bennington-5||$0|
|2010||Vermont State House, District Bennington-5||$16,633|
|Grand Total Raised||$16,633|
2012Browning won re-election to the Vermont House of Representatives in 2012. During that election cycle, Browning raised a total of $0.
|Vermont House of Representatives 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Cynthia Browning's campaign in 2012|
|Total Raised in 2012||$0|
|Source:Follow the Money|
In 2010, a year in which Browning was up for re-election, she collected $1,633 in donations.
Her largest contributor in 2010 was:
|Vermont House of Representatives 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Cynthia Browning's campaign in 2010|
|Total Raised in 2010||$1,633|
The Ethan Allen Institute, a Vermont-based free-market public policy research and education organization, released its biennial publication, the Vermont Voters' Report Card, for the years 2011-2012. The report showed how Vermont legislators in the state House and state Senate voted on key issues important to the Institute. Here's how Browning voted on the selected bills:
|Vermont Voters Scorecard, 2011-2012|
|Health Provider Tax||Green Mountain Care||Education Taxation||Green Mountain Care||Property Rate Tax||Health Exchange||Green Mountain Care||Renewable Portfolio||CVPS Rebate|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Cynthia + Browning + Vermont + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Vermont State Legislature
- Vermont State Senate
- Vermont State Senate Committees
- Vermont Joint Committees
- Vermont state legislative districts
- Vermont Legislature - Legislative Directory
- Profile from Open States
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004
- Vermont Secretary of State, "2014 Primary Election Candidate Listing," accessed June 19, 2014
- Vermont Secretary of State, "2014 Independent Candidates and Minor Party Candidates Nominated by Party Committee," accessed June 19, 2014
- Vermont Secretary of State, "2014 Major Party Nomination Candidate Listing," accessed June 19, 2014
- Vermont Secretary of State, "2014 Candidate Listing," June 13, 2014
- Vermont Secretary of State, "Election Results Search," accessed April 23, 2014
- followthemoney.org, "Browning, Cynthia," accessed September 21, 2013
- Follow the Money, "2010 Campaign contributors," accessed April 23, 2014
- Ethan Allen Institute, "Report Cards," accessed September 10, 2013