|Louisiana State Senate District 2|
|October 2, 2010-2012|
|Elections and appointments|
|First elected||October 2, 2010|
|Louisiana House of Representatives|
Willard-Lewis' political career began in the Louisiana House of Representatives. Cynthia served as a Representative from 1993-2000, representing district 100. She was elected to the New Orleans City Council in October of 2000. Cynthia then attempted, unsuccessfully, to run for Council member-at-Large in the 2007 special election to replace Oliver Thomas. 
Willard-Lewis has worked as an Administrative Assistant and Bureau Chief for the City of New Orleans Housing Division under Mayor Ernest Morial. Cynthia also served as an Urban Planner in the Office of Policy Planning and Analysis. 
Willard-Lewis is a graduate of Xavier University of Louisiana.
In the 2010-2011 legislative session, Willard-Lewis served on the following committees:
- Capital Outlay
- Health & Welfare Committee, Louisiana State Senate
- Judiciary A Committee, Louisiana State Senate
- Local & Municipal Affairs Committee, Louisiana State Senate
- Revenue & Fiscal Affairs Committee, Louisiana State Senate
- See also: Louisiana State Senate elections, 2011
Willard-Lewis ran for re-election in 2011. Due to redistricting, she ran in District 3. She was defeated by incumbent Jean-Paul J. Morrell in the primary on October 22. Louisiana uses a blanket primary. If the winner receives more than 50 percent of the vote, then there is no general election.
|Louisiana State Senate District 3 Blanket Primary, 2011|
|Democratic||J.P. Morrell Incumbent||53.2%||11,280|
Willard-Lewis won a special election on October 2, 2010 to fill the vacant District 2 Senate seat. The election was called to replace then Senator Ann Duplessis, who resigned to take a job in Mayor Landrieu's administration.  Cynthia defeated candidates Mike Darnell (1,888), Ira Thomas (1,137) and Edward Washington III (236) with 5,613 votes.
|Louisiana State Senate District 2 (2010)|
|Cynthia Willard-Lewis (D)||5,613|
|Mike Darnell (D)||1,888|
|Ira Thomas (D)||1,137|
|Edward Washington III (D)||236|
Cynthia is the mother of two girls, Rudy and Rianna, and grandmother to Kelci and Rhea.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term Cynthia + Willard-Lewis + Louisiana + Senate
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Nine Louisiana officials got $370000 in excess contributions since 2006 ... - NOLA.com
- Will New Orleans have 5-2 African American-White City Council ratio? - Bayoubuzz
- Allan Katz and Danae Columbus: Kennedy assasination anniversary ... - UptownMessenger.com
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found
- Cynthia Willard Lewis campaign site
- Cynthia Willard-Lewis' profile on EngageNOLA
- Cynthia Willard-Lewis on Facebook
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 1999
|Louisiana State Senate District 2
October 2, 2010–2012
| Succeeded by|