|Washington State Senate, District 48|
|January 12, 2015 - Present|
|January 8, 2019|
|Years in position||0|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
|First elected||November 4, 2014|
|Washington House of Representatives|
2015 legislative session
At the beginning of the 2015 legislative session, Habib served on the following committees:
|Washington Committee Assignments, 2015|
|• Energy, Environment & Telecommunications|
|• Government Operations and Security|
In the 2013-2014 legislative session, Habib served on the following committees:
|Washington Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Business and Financial Services|
|• Technology and Economic Development, Vice-chair|
- See also: Washington State Senate elections, 2014
Elections for 25 districts in the Washington State Senate took place in 2014. A blanket primary election took place on August 5, 2014. The general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was May 17, 2014. Cyrus Habib (D) and Michelle Darnelle (R) were unopposed in the primary. Habib defeated Darnelle in the general election.
|Washington State Senate, District 48 General Election, 2014|
Habib won election in the 2012 election for Washington House of Representatives, District 48b. Habib was unopposed in the August 7 blanket primary election and defeated Hank Myers (R) in the general election, which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Washington House of Representatives, District 48b, General Election, 2012|
Comprehensive donor information for Habib is available dating back to 2012. Based on available campaign finance records, Habib raised a total of $341,436 during that time period. This information was last updated on September 30, 2013.
|Cyrus Habib's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Washington State House, District 48||$341,436|
|Grand Total Raised||$341,436|
2012Habib won election to the Washington House of Representatives in 2012. During that election cycle, Habib raised a total of $341,436.
|Washington House of Representatives 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Cyrus Habib's campaign in 2012|
|House Democratic Campaign Cmte Of Washington||$13,411|
|48th District Democrats||$10,500|
|Andelson, Bobbie J||$3,600|
|Iranian American PAC||$1,800|
|Total Raised in 2012||$341,436|
|Source: Follow the Money|
Legislative scorecards are used to evaluate elected public officials based on voting record. Some scorecards are created by political advocacy groups with a focus on specific issues, while others are developed by newspapers and are broad in scope. Scorecards are meant to be used as a tool for voters to have a quick picture of whether their views align with a particular legislator's record.
Because scorecards can be specific to particular issues or general to a state’s legislative term, for example, each report should be considered on its own merits. Each entity that publishes these reports uses different methodologies and definitions for the terms used.
Please see our writing guidelines if you would like to add results from an individual scorecard to this legislator's profile.
- Legislators are scored on their votes for or against CCF's position.
- Legislators are scored on their stances on "small business interests."
- Legislators are scored on their stances on pro-choice issues.
- Legislators are scored on their stances on their "work to support and advance the UW and higher education."
- Legislators are scored on their stances on environmental protection issues.
- Legislators are scored on whether they voted for or against WSLC's position.
Missed Votes Report
In March 2014, Washington Votes, the state’s premier legislative information website, released its annual Missed Votes Report, which provides detailed missed roll call votes on bills for every state legislator during the 2014 legislative session. The 2014 regular session included a total of 515 votes in the State House and 396 in the State Senate, as well as 1,372 bills introduced total in the legislature and 237 bills passed. Out of all roll call votes, 90 individual legislators did not miss any votes. 3 individual legislators missed more than 50 votes. Habib missed 34 votes in a total of 1211 roll calls. Habib responded to the number of votes he missed. “My father had a very serious liver surgery on February 14, which required me to be with him at the UW Medical Center. February 14 happened to be a heavy voting day, and all the votes I missed this session were missed on that day,” he said.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Cyrus + Habib + Washington + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Washington State Legislature
- Washington House of Representatives
- Washington State Senate Committees
- Washington Joint Committees
- Washington state legislative districts
- Profile from the Washington State Senate
- Profile from Open States
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2012
- Washington Secretary of State, "2014 Candidates Who Have Filed," accessed May 20, 2014
- Washington Secretary of State, "August 5, 2014 Primary Results," accessed August 5, 2014
- Washington Secretary of State, "Official general election results, 2014," accessed December 2, 2014
- C-SPAN, "AP Election Results - Washington State House of Representatives," accessed August 7, 2012
- Washington Secretary of State, "2012 Primary Candidates," accessed April 17, 2014
- Washington Public Disclosure Commission, "Contribution Limits," accessed April 17, 2014
- Follow the Money, "Habib, Cyrus," accessed September 30, 2013
- StateScape, "Session schedules," accessed July 23, 2014
- Washington Policy Center, "2014 Missed Votes Report for Legislators Released," March 18, 2014
- Washington Policy, "2014 Missed Votes Report," accessed April 9, 2014
Rodney Tom (D)
|Washington State Senate District 48
| Succeeded by|
Deborah Eddy (D)
|Washington House of Representatives District 48
| Succeeded by|
Joan McBride (D)