D. Bruce Goforth
|D. Bruce Goforth|
|North Carolina House of Representatives District 115|
| Term in office began|
| Term in office ended|
July 31, 2010
Goforth was defeated in the May 4, 2010 primary by Patsy Keever.
Goforth resigned on July 31, 2010 -- several months in advance of his term completing. He was defeated in the primary on May 4 which already guaranteed his term would finish this year. There was speculation that he resigned early in order to expedite the time it takes to either be appointed to a board or register as a lobbyist.
Goforth ran for re-election to the 115th District seat in 2010. He lost to challenger Patricia Keever in the Democratic primary on May 4, 2010. Keever faced Mark Crawford (R) in the general election on November 2, 2010.
|North Carolina House of Representatives, District 115, 2008|
|Democratic||D. Bruce Goforth Incumbent||67.4%||27,795|
In 2008, Goforth collected $177,593 in donations.
These were the largest contributors in 2008.
|NORTH CAROLINA HOME BUILDERS ASSOCIATION||$8,000|
|INDEPENDENT INSURANCE AGENTS OF NORTH CAROLINA||$7,000|
|NORTH CAROLINA MEDICAL SOCIETY||$6,000|
|NORTH CAROLINA ASSOCIATION OF REALTORS||$6,000|
|ASHEVILLE ANESTHESIA ASSOCIATES||$6,000|
|NORTH CAROLINA DEMOCRATIC PARTY||$4,719|
- Rep. Goforth's campaign
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004, 2002
|North Carolina House of Representatives District 115
| Succeeded by|
Patricia Keever (D)
- WRAL, "5 NC House members lose legislative primaries," May 4, 2010
- Goforth resigns seat
- 5 house incumbents lose primaries
- North Carolina State Board of Elections, "2008 General Election Results," accessed August 14, 2014
- Follow the Money, "2008 campaign contributions," accessed December 30, 2014
- Follow the Money, "2008 campaign contributions," accessed December 18, 2014
State of North Carolina
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Secretary of Environment and Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Utilities |