|Texas House of Representatives, District 21|
|Elections and appointments|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Bachelor's||University of Texas, 1998|
|Profession||Real estate developer/broker|
Phelan's website highlights the following campaign themes:
- Excerpt: "As state representative, my top priority will be keeping taxes low and cutting job-killing regulation so hard working Texans can keep our state the job-creating capital of America."
- Excerpt: "We have to put an end to Obamacare’s destructive policies so we can grow our economy and ensure the health and safety of all Texans."
Ensure Our Water Supply
- Excerpt: "I am committed to a combined effort of conservation and water infrastructure investments – within the means of the state budget and without new taxes."
Defend The 2nd Amendment
- Excerpt: "As state representative, I will always stand up to any attempt restricting the personal liberties granted to us by God. This means upholding the entire Bill of Rights at all costs – especially the Right to Bear Arms."
- Excerpt: "Life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness are unalienable rights given to us by our Creator – and the first is life. I am pro-life because my faith has taught me to cherish all life."
- Excerpt: "By cutting the franchise tax and making the cuts permanent, we will ensure Texas families have the jobs they need to pursue a brighter future."
- Excerpt: "Improving education in our community is the first step to ensuring that our children will lead our country and our economy to lasting prosperity. To achieve this great goal, I am committed to providing the best education for our students by making certain they have the best teachers, and by empowering parents and schools with more local control and fewer government mandates."
Solve Illegal Immigration
- Excerpt: "We have to take control of our border and hold companies responsible for illegally hiring undocumented workers."
Texas Energy Production
- Excerpt: "We must take a stand against Washington and the EPA’s attempts to stifle progress with federal regulation. We must remove obstacles preventing innovation and the construction of key pipeline projects."
Elections for the office of Texas House of Representatives will consist of a primary election on March 4, 2014, and a general election on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was December 9, 2013. Dade Phelan defeated Judy Nichols in the Republican primary. Gavin Bruney was unopposed in the Democratic primary. Bruney will face Phelan in the general election.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Dade + Phelan + Texas + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Official campaign website
- Dade Phelan on Facebook (campaign)
- Dade Phelan on Facebook (personal)
- Dade Phelan on Twitter
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from the Texas Tribune
- Texas Secretary of State
- Texans for Dade, "Issues," accessed February 19, 2014
- Texas Secretary of State, "2014 March Primary Election Candidate Filings by County", accessed March 4, 2014
- Texas Secretary of State, "2014 Democratic Party Primary Election," accessed April 9, 2014
- Texas Secretary of State, "2014 Republican Party Primary Election," accessed April 9, 2014
State of Texas
|State executive offices||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Secretary of State | Attorney General | Comptroller | State Auditor | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of General Land Office | Chairman of Workforce Commission | Chairman of Public Utilities | Chairman of Railroad Commission |
List of Counties |
List of Cities |
Texas school districts A - L |
Texas school districts M - Z |