|U.S. House, California, District 13|
|Elections and appointments|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Place of birth||Fremont, California|
is a 2014 Republican
candidate seeking election to the U.S. House
to represent the 13th Congressional District
Sundeen's campaign website lists the following issues:
- Expanding Education and Expanding Opportunity: "Every parent anyone has talked to wants only the best for their children, and far too many parents are unhappy with the choices they have in education. Due to a confusing funding system, and an expanding and self-serving bureaucracy, our public schools struggle to provide the environment our children need to learn essential life skills. We preach the message that all children should be in college, which saddles many with unnecessary debt. They should have other paths and opportunities available to them, but higher education needs constant enrollment and subsidy to sustain itself."
- Preserving Civil Rights and Liberties: "All Americans deserve the liberties that allow them to follow their dreams without interference from others, especially our government. History has shown the frightening depths that human beings will go to oppress each other. This means that we all have a duty, as citizens and people, to protect the essential Civil Rights and Liberties that make us truly human."
- Economic Freedom to Prosperity: "The Bay Area has been lucky to have experienced prosperity despite the economic woe that has hurt the rest of the state and the nation. Most experts and citizens would agree that it has been somewhat unbalanced, that being "middle class" just isn't sustainable anymore, and for some that standard is unattainable. Rising unemployment that is felt, but hidden in official statistics seems to increase the despair over the loss of what we thought was a simple dream: That anyone with a decent amount of responsibility and a positive attitude could accrue enough wealth to raise their family on their own legally owned and bought property."
—Dakin Sundeen's campaign website, http://www.dakin4congress.com/
- See also: California's 13th Congressional District elections, 2014
Sundeen is running in the 2014 election for the U.S. House to represent California's 13th District. Sundeen and incumbent Barbara Lee (D) advanced past the blanket primary on June 3, 2014, defeating Justin Jelincic (D) and Lawrence Allen (P&F). They will face off in the general election on November 4, 2014.
|U.S. House, California District 13 Primary, 2014
Barbara Lee Incumbent
|| Justin Jelincic
||Peace and Freedom
|| Lawrence Allen
|Source: California Secretary of State
Candidates for Congress are required to file reports with the Federal Election Commission during the 2014 elections season. Below are Sundeen's reports.
|Dakin Sundeen (2014) Campaign Finance Reports|
|Report||Date Filed||Beginning Balance||Total Contributions|
for Reporting Period
|Expenditures||Cash on Hand|
|April Quarterly||April 15, 2014||$0||$4,240||$(2,226)||$2,014|
|Pre-Primary||May 17, 2014||$2,014||$100||$(1,791)||$322|
|July Quarterly||July 13, 2014||$322||$550||$(9)||$862|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Dakin + Sundeen + California + Congress"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
Dakin Sundeen News Feed
- ↑ California Secretary of State, "Official candidate list," accessed March 28, 2014
- ↑ Campaign website, "Issues," accessed August 5, 2014
- ↑ Note: This text is quoted verbatim from the original source. Any inconsistencies are attributed to the original source.
- ↑ The New York Times, "California Primary Results," May 3, 2014
- ↑ Federal Election Commission, "Dakin Sundeen April Quarterly," accessed May 5, 2014
- ↑ Federal Election Commission, "Dakin Sundeen Pre-Primary," accessed June 2, 2014
- ↑ Federal Election Commission, "Dakin Sundeen July Quarterly," accessed July 28, 2014