For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, was limited. Select races were covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
Dallas County, Texas
- Main article: Evaluation of Texas county websites
- The names and contact information for all county commissioners is available.
- The names and partial contact information for appointed officials is available.
- Information on public records is provided.
- Commissioner meeting agendas are published.
- The current budget is published.
- Information on contracts is provided.
- Audit reports are published.
- Information on taxes is available.
- Zoning is done by individual cities, not the county. Development permits are available.
- County commission and appointed officials email addresses are not listed.
- County commission meeting minutes are not published.
- There is no information on building permits and lobbying.
Board of Commissioners
|Clay Jenkins||County Judge|
|Maurine Dickey||District 1|
|Mike Cantrell||District 2|
|John Wiley Price||District 3|
|Dr. Elba Garcia||District 4|
Commissioner John Wiley Price is caught on camera telling citizens to “go to hell” and espouses other derogatory language at a board meeting.
"Unlike many other local governments, Dallas County stores all of its e-mail on computer tapes at an off-site warehouse" which is both expensive and impractical. Rather than updating the storage systems, county officials are proposing that any e-mails older than 90 days be deleted from the system. Open-records advocates oppose the idea of automatic deletion, saying that e-mails should be being kept longer, not being deleted more quickly.
There is also concern about putting the decision of whether or not an e-mail ought to be kept/deleted in the hands of the average employee. Commissioner Mike Cantrell says "You're putting employees at risk of violating the law."
Middle ground of storing emails for three or five years has been suggested. The draft of the proposed policy has been sent out for review by department heads, and will be updated per feedback.
Dallas County Constable Jaime Cortes held a political fundraiser at Hooters.
Public employee salaries
- Main article: Dallas County employee salaries
- Dallas County website
- Courts of Dallas County
- Dallas Central Appraisal District
- Dallas County Elections Department
- Public Records Directory - Dallas County
- Dallas County on E-Reference
- Development Permits
- Texas Watchdog, Today's featured video: Dallas County commissioner tells citizens to 'go to hell' at meeting, Feb. 17, 2011
- Dallas County's proposed e-mail deletion policy draws concerns (dead link), Dallas Morning News, November 29, 2008
- Dallas News, A Dallas County constable Christmas -- at Hooters, Nov. 24, 2008