Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|U.S. House, North Carolina , District 9|
|High school||The Asheville School, Myers Park High School|
|Bachelor's||College of Charleston|
|Birthday||May 24, 1965|
|Place of birth||Charlotte, NC|
|Profession||Insurance executive, Weddington Mayor Pro Tem|
Barry's candidacy was labeled "On the Radar" by the National Republican Congressional Committee and the Young Gun's Program.
Barry ran in the 2012 election for the U.S. House, representing North Carolina's 9th District. Barry was defeated by Robert Pittenger in the May 8, 2012 Republican primary. Because no candidate received more than 40% of the vote in the Republican primary election, a runoff primary took place.
The Washington Post listed the House of Representatives elections in North Carolina in 2012 as one of the states that could determine whether Democrats would retake the House or Republicans would hold their majority in 2013. North Carolina was rated 8th on the list.
The primary took place on May 8, 2012.
AdsIn April 2012, Barry released a 30-second TV ad titled "Blueprint for North Carolina."
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term Dan + Barry + North Carolina + House
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Tom Wagner Falls Asleep On Plane, Wakes Up Alone, Locked Inside - Huffington Post
- Thanks To This Seal, A Newlywed Couple Was Stranded On An Island (PHOTO) - Huffington Post
- Your daily jolt: 38 percent of state lawmakers are ALEC members - Atlanta Journal Constitution (blog)
- Four dead, 63 injured after NYC-bound Metro-North passenger train derails in ... - New York Daily News
- 'Tippy The Fainting Squirrel' Has Internet Dying To Find Diagnosis - Huffington Post
- Pilot Mountain man takes seat on lottery board - Mount Airy News
- Eagle Steals Camera, Records Stunning 70-Mile Flight For You (VIDEO) - Huffington Post
- Turkeys Hate You -- And They May Be Getting Revenge (VIDEO) - Huffington Post
- Morning Memo: Senate races heats up this week - News & Observer
- Cat Stuck On Viaduct Rescued After 2-Day Mission By Firefighters (VIDEO) - Huffington Post
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found
- ↑ carolinapoliticsonline "Dan Barry switches from 8th district race to 9th" Accessed February 28, 2012
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 North Carolina State Board of Elections "Primary Election Results" Accessed May 9, 2012.
- ↑ Press Release Accessed March 29, 2012
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Washington Post "The 10 states that will determine control of the House in 2012" Accessed April 25, 2012
- ↑ North Carolina State Board of Elections "2012 Primary Results" Accessed October 10, 2012