|Connecticut House of Representatives, District 2|
|2011 - Present|
|January 7, 2015|
|Years in position||3|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Bachelor's||Bowling Green State University|
Carter earned his bachelor's degree in Political Science from Bowling Green State University and his master's in Aeronautical Science.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Carter served on the following committees:
|Connecticut Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Energy and Technology|
|• General Law, Ranking Member|
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Carter served on these committees:
|Connecticut Committee Assignments, 2011|
|• Energy and Technology|
|• Public Health|
Carter ran in the 2012 election for Connecticut House of Representatives District 2. Carter ran unopposed in the Republican primary on August 14, 2012. He defeated Steven DeMoura (D) in the general election on November 6, 2012.
|Connecticut House of Representatives, District 2, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Dan Carter Incumbent||52.1%||5,342|
|Democratic||Steven B. DeMoura||47.9%||4,921|
Carter was uncontested in the August 10 primary. He defeated incumbent Democrat Jason Bartlett in the November 2 general election.
|Connecticut House of Representatives, District 2 General Election (2010)|
|Dan Carter (R)||4,023|
|Jason Bartlett (D)||3,920|
Comprehensive donor information for Carter is available dating back to 2010. Based on available campaign finance records, Carter raised a total of $65,996 during that time period. This information was last updated on July 16, 2013.
|Dan Carter's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Connecticut State House, District 2||$32,291|
|2010||Connecticut State House, District 2||$33,705|
|Grand Total Raised||$65,996|
2012Carter won re-election to the Connecticut House of Representatives in 2012. During that election cycle, Carter raised a total of $32,291.
|Connecticut House of Representatives 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Dan Carter's campaign in 2012|
|Carlsen, Stuart E||$100|
|Total Raised in 2012||$32,291|
|Source:Follow the Money|
2010Carter won election to the Connecticut House of Representatives in 2010. During that election cycle, Carter raised a total of $33,705.
|Connecticut House of Representatives 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Dan Carter's campaign in 2010|
|House Republican Campaign Cmte of Connecticut||$1,975|
|Cushman, Lucy G||$100|
|Total Raised in 2010||$33,705|
|Source:Follow the Money|
Yankee Institute's Voter Guide
- See also: Yankee Institute's Voter Guide
The Yankee Institute, a pro-market think tank, releases its Voter Guide after each two-year legislative term. Each member of the Connecticut General Assembly receives a score from 0 to 10 based on how he or she voted in ten key votes. The Institute selects key votes which "reveal the differences between those legislators that would harness the power of individual liberty and the market to improve lives, and those that prefer a centrally-planned approach." A legislator with a 10 voted in agreement with the Yankee Institute on all 10 votes, while a legislator with a 0 voted against the Yankee Institute's views or was absent for all 10 votes.
Carter received a score of 9 on the Yankee Institute's Voter Guide for 2011-12, tied for the highest score of the 152 members of the Connecticut House of Representatives. He did not receive a score for the 2009-10 term because he was not yet in the legislature.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term Dan + Carter + Connecticut + House + Legislature
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Rep. Carter Welcomes: State Rep. Dan Carter (R-2) welcomed the - HamletHub
- Weston speaks up and so do officials - The Weston Forum
- Class back on rise in UK _ but elite different - WFSB
- Malloy: 'Connecticut must move forward' - Ct Post
- Legislators Collect Items for Food Pantry - Voices News
- Shirley Jean Henke Drake - Quad City Times
- On and off the road with Barack Obama. - New Yorker
Carter has two children.
- Dan Carter campaign website
- House website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2012, 2010
- Connecticut Secretary of State "Candidate list" Accessed June 19, 2012
- Connecticut Secretary of State, Official 2012 Primary Results
- Connecticut Secretary of State "Election Results 2012" Accessed November 21, 2012
- followthemoney.org, "Carter, Dan," accessed July 16, 2013
- Yankee Institute for Public Policy, Yankee Institute Voter Guide for 2011-12, October 19, 2012
|Connecticut House District 2
| Succeeded by|
State of Connecticut
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of the State | Comptroller | Treasurer | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Environmental Protection | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Public Utility Control |