was a Democratic
candidate for District 40
of the Pennsylvania State Senate
. The primary election was May 18, and the general election was on November 2, 2010
- See also: Pennsylvania State Senate elections, 2010
DeMarco won the May 18 Democratic primary as a write-in candidate but lost to incumbent Republican Jane Orie in the November 2 general election.
DeMarco's campaign website listed four main issues:
- Reforming State Government "I will fight corruption, fraud, and waste in state government. I support term limits and caps on campaign contributions."
- Reforming Pennsylvania's Budget Process "I will fight to require our lawmakers to pass the budget on-time. I will push for strict penalties if lawmakers cannot stick to their own deadlines. NO BUDGET=NO PAY for lawmakers and their staffs."
- Boost Pennsylvania Jobs and Economy Excerpt: "I will work tirelessly to lower the cost of doing business in Pennsylvania and to encourage economic and job growth."
- Rein Government Spending and Taxes Excerpt: "I will push for commonsense solutions to reduce the cost of government."