|U.S. House, Connecticut, District 4|
|Elections and appointments|
|Next primary||August 12, 2014|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Connecticut State Senate District 21|
Debicella was a Republican member of the Connecticut State Senate, representing District 21. Debicella joined the Connecticut State Senate in 2007 and served in that position until 2011. He served as Senate Deputy Minority Leader during his final term.
Debicella earned his BA in Finance from Wharton School at the University of Pennsylvania in 1996. He went on to receive his MBA from Harvard Business School in 2000.
Debicella was the owner of Textbooks Online. He has also worked as a Management Consult for McKinsey and Company and as Director of Strategy for Pepsi. He is currently Assistant Vice President of Marketing for The Hartford.
- Appropriations Committee, Connecticut Senate
- Higher Education and Employment Advancement Committee, Connecticut Senate
- Public Health Committee, Connecticut Senate
- Regulation Review Committee, Connecticut Senate
Debicella plans to run in the 2014 election for the U.S. House to represent Connecticut's 4th District. Debicella will seek the nomination on the Republican ticket. The general election will take place on November 4, 2014.
The National Republican Congressional Committee added Debicella to their "On the Radar" list in November 2013. According to the NRCC, candidates that make this list receive "...the tools they need to run successful, winning campaigns against their Democratic opponents."
|Connecticut State Senate, District 21 (2008)|
|Dan Debicella (R)||24,925|
|Janice Andersen (D)||19,794|
Candidates for Congress are required to file up to seven main reports with the Federal Election Commission during the 2014 elections season. Below are Debicella's reports.
|Dan Debicella (2014) Campaign Finance Reports|
|Report||Date Filed||Beginning Balance||Total Contributions|
for Reporting Period
|Expenditures||Cash on Hand|
|October Quarterly||October 13, 2013||$0.00||$0.00||$(0.00)||$0.00|
|Year-End||January 31, 2014||$0||$302,808||$(30,209)||$272,598|
In 2008, Debicella collected $100,714 in donations.
His five largest contributors in 2008 were:
|Additional Contributions Not Recorded upon Receipt||$330|
Debicella has a wife, Alexandra.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Dan + Debicella + Connecticut + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- United States House of Representatives
- Connecticut's 4th Congressional District elections, 2014
- Connecticut's 4th Congressional District
- Dan Debicella for Congress
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2008 2006
- Dan Debicella on Facebook
- Dan Debicella on Twitter
- Dan Debicella on YouTube
- NewsTimes, "Debicella announces 4th District challenge," accessed September 16, 2013
- Debicella for Congress - official campaign site
- Roll Call, "House Republicans Put 36 Recruits ‘On the Radar’" accessed November 21, 2013
- Connecticut Secretary of State - 2008 General Election Results
- Federal Election Commission, "Dan Debicella 2014 Summary reports," Accessed November 4, 2013
- Federal Election Commission, "October Quarterly," accessed November 4, 2013
- Federal Election Commission, "Dan Debicella Year-End," accessed February 11, 2014
- 2008 contributions to Dan Debicella
|Connecticut State Senate - District 21
| Succeeded by|
Kevin C. Kelley