|Connecticut House of Representatives, District 148|
|April 2011 - Present|
|January 7, 2015|
|Years in position||3|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||April 12, 2011|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Bachelor's||Loyola University Maryland|
|J.D.||New England School of Law, 2004|
Fox, a Stamford native, receive a B.A. from Loyola University and his law degree from the New England School of Law. He serves on the Stamford Juvenile Review Board and the Connecticut Commission on Compensation of Elected State Officials and Judges. They have two children.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Fox served on the following committees:
|Connecticut Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Planning and Development, Vice Chair|
|• Regulations Review|
Fox ran in the 2012 election for Connecticut House of Representatives District 148. Fox ran unopposed in the Democratic primary on August 14, 2012. He defeated Phillip Balestriere (R) and Rolf W. Maurer (G) in the general election on November 6, 2012.
|Connecticut House of Representatives, District 148, General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Daniel Fox Incumbent||69.5%||4,870|
|Green||Rolf W. Maurer||1.6%||109|
Comprehensive donor information for Fox is available dating back to 2011. Based on available campaign finance records, Fox raised a total of $56,015 during that time period. This information was last updated on September 23, 2013.
|Dan Fox's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Connecticut House of Representatives, District 148||$32,670|
|2011||Connecticut House of Representatives, District 148||$23,345|
|Grand Total Raised||$56,015|
2012Fox won re-election to the Connecticut House of Representatives in 2012. During that election cycle, Fox raised a total of $32,670.
|Connecticut House of Representatives 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Dan Fox's campaign in 2012|
|Fox, Roger J.||$200|
|Rayment, Erich L.||$100|
|Farrand, Peter C.||$100|
|Total Raised in 2012||$32,670|
|Source:Follow the Money|
Fox has a wife, Bridget.
Yankee Institute's Voter Guide
- See also: Yankee Institute's Voter Guide
The Yankee Institute, a pro-market think tank, releases its Voter Guide after each two-year legislative term. Each member of the Connecticut General Assembly receives a score from 0 to 10 based on how he or she voted in ten key votes. The Institute selects key votes which "reveal the differences between those legislators that would harness the power of individual liberty and the market to improve lives, and those that prefer a centrally-planned approach." A legislator with a 10 voted in agreement with the Yankee Institute on all 10 votes, while a legislator with a 0 voted against the Yankee Institute's views or was absent for all 10 votes.
Fox received a score of 2 on the Yankee Institute's Voter Guide for 2011-12, tied for the 55th highest score among the 152 scored members of the Connecticut House of Representatives. He did not receive a score for the 2009-10 term because he was not yet in the legislature.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term Dan + Fox + Connecticut + House
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Chef Dan Fox hires consultant, prepares to cook at prestigious Beard House - Wisconsin State Journal
- Snowstorm Ends, Cleanup Begins - FOX CT
- A Year After Newtown, Are We Any Different? - FOX CT
- Storm Drops 4 To 9 Inches of Snow Through Most Of State - Hartford Courant
- Colorado school rampage lasted less than 2 minutes - Ct Post
- Sheriff: Colorado gunman wanted to hurt many more - Ct Post
- Family feud: Boehner takes on GOP critics on right - Ct Post
- Morning briefing: Has Paul Ryan hurt his 2016 presidential prospects? - 77Square.com
- Casinos have outdoor ice skating, Ronnie Spector and 2 'Nutcrackers' - New Haven Register
- US faces new pressure over missing CIA contractor - Ct Post
- House website
- Project Vote Smart biography
- Project Vote Smart legislative profile
- Official Facebook page
- Candidate Facebook Page
- Connecticut Secretary of State "Candidate list" Accessed June 19, 2012
- Connecticut Secretary of State, Official 2012 Primary Results
- Connecticut Secretary of State "Election Results 2012" Accessed November 21, 2012
- Stamford Advocate, "Five candidates on the ballot for Tuesday's special election," April 10, 2011
- Stamford Advocate, "Fox wins in 27th District special election," April 12, 2011
- "Follow the Money", "Fox, Daniel J.", Accessed September 23, 2013
- Yankee Institute for Public Policy, Yankee Institute Voter Guide for 2011-12, October 19, 2012
|Connecticut House District 148
| Succeeded by|
State of Connecticut
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of the State | Comptroller | Treasurer | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Environmental Protection | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Public Utility Control |