|Colorado State Senate District 16|
| Term in office began|
| Term in office ended|
Gibbs served in the Colorado State House of Representatives from 2006 to 2007.
He graduated from Western State College. He is currently attending the University of Colorado-Denver.
Gibbs has worked in the following positions: Manager of the White Water Rafting Company, Staff for United States Representative Mark Udall, Certified Type II Wildland Firefighter, for the Timber Industry, and Ski Coach at a Local High School. He is currently Director of the Western Slope Office of United States Congressman Mark Udall.
- Agriculture, Natural Resources & Energy Committee, Colorado Senate
- Transportation Committee, Colorado Senate
Gibbs' sponsored legislation includes:
- SB 10-191 - Quality Instruction Through Educator Effectiveness 
- See also: Colorado State Senate elections, 2010
Gibbs was eligible but did not seek re-election in 2010.
Gibbs raised $122,690 for his campaign, while Ytterberg raised $63,509.
|Colorado State Senate, District 16 (2008)|
|Dan Gibbs (D)||45,248|
|Don Ytterberg (R)||31,407|
In 2008, Gibbs collected $122,690 in donations.
His four largest contributors in 2008 were:
|Dan Gibbs For Colorado||$5,490|
|Food & Commercial Workers Local 7||$4,250|
|Colorado Education Association||$4,250|
|Jefferson County Education Association||$4,250|
- Official Colorado State Senate website of Senator Dan Gibbs
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Project Vote Smart biography of Senator Dan Gibbs
- Campaign Contributions: 2008
- Sen. Gibbs's personal website
- Colorado News Agency, "Teacher's Union Shaken, Allies Divided by Passage of Tenure Reform," May 12, 2010
- Colorado Secretary of State, " Official 2008 General election results," accessed April 14, 2014
- Follow the Money, "Funds raised by 2008 Senate candidates," accessed April 14, 2014
- 2008 contributions to Dan Gibbs
Joan Fitz-Gerald (D)
|Colorado State Senate - District 16
| Succeeded by|
Jeanne Nicholson (D)