is a Democratic
member of the Louisville
City Council, representing District 21. He was first elected to the council in 2002.
- See also: Louisville, Kentucky city council elections, 2014
The city of Louisville, Kentucky held elections for mayor and city council on November 4, 2014. A primary election took place on May 20, 2014. In the Democratic primary for District 21, Incumbent Dan Johnson defeated Erich V. Shumake and Michael Tackett. Johnson defeated John A. Witt (I) in the general election.
In August 2014, it was reported that Johnson had written two bad checks to the city of Louisville in relation to his personal use of a city-issued cell-phone. One check was for $200. The other was for $300. These reports followed allegations earlier in the month that Johnson was already facing two financial lawsuits: one from a local businessman, who was suing Johnson for failing to pay back an $8,000 debt; another from a local jewelry company, who claims that Johnson wrote a bad check for $2,600. The bad checks and lawsuits raised concerns amongst some Louisville voters that Johnson's personal finances might interfere with his responsibilities as a member of city council. To address the problem, Johnson requested from city council an audit of his office accounts in August.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Dan + Johnson + Louisville"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
Dan Johnson News Feed
- ↑ City of Louisville, "District 21," accessed on December 17, 2014
- ↑ Kentucky State Board of Elections, "2014 Kentucky Election Calendar," accessed January 31, 2014
- ↑ Louisville/Jefferson County Election Center, "Jefferson County Candidate Filings," accessed January 31, 2014
- ↑ Louisville/Jefferson County Election Center, "Unofficial primary election results," accessed May 20, 2014
- ↑ Jefferson County Clerk, "Official general election results," November 4, 2014
- ↑ WFPL, "Louisville Councilman Dan Johnson Twice Wrote City Hot Checks for Metro Cell Phone," August 14, 2014
| Political offices
|Louisville City Council District 21
| Succeeded by|