|Former candidate for|
|Wisconsin State Senate, District 11|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
Kilkenny's campaign website highlighted the following issues:
Expansion of Enbridge Pipeline
- Excerpt: "As 11th Senate District Senator, Dan Kilkenny will stress that any current or future pipeline projects be pursued with safety, caution, good science, transparency, and respect for property rights. He understands that projects like the Enbridge pipeline expansion place health, water supplies, wildlife, and property values at stake."
Non-Partisan Redistricting - A Top Priority
- Excerpt: "When Dan is elected to be your next 11th District State Senator, his top priority will be to pass legislation to establish a nonpartisan redistricting board. The time is now for candidates to affirm whether they will represent all citizens or only their political party on this issue. Dan Kilkenny supports the fundamental and essential democratic principle that we must have a real choice in electing our representatives."
Restoration of Trust And Transparency
- Excerpt: "As State Senator for the 11th District, one of Dan Kilkenny’s primary goals will be to restore the principles of trust and transparency in the operations of government. The people of Wisconsin should demand nothing less from their legislators."
Expansion of Medicaid Eligibility
- Excerpt: "Dan Kilkenny will work to take full advantage of the federal health care law provisions which benefit the state of Wisconsin, its taxpayers and their families, and reduce the number of people facing catastrophic out-of-pocket costs or borrowing to pay medical bills."
- Excerpt: "As State Senator from the 11th District, Dan Kilkenny will support legislative efforts to raise the minimum wages."
- See also: Wisconsin State Senate elections, 2014
Elections for 17 seats in the Wisconsin State Senate took place in 2014. A primary election took place on August 12, 2014. The general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was June 2, 2014. Dan Kilkenny ran unopposed in the Democratic primary, while Stephen Nass ran unopposed in the Republican primary. Nass defeated Kilkenny in the general election.
|Wisconsin State Senate, District 11 General Election, 2014|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Dan + Kilkenny + Wisconsin + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Wisconsin State Legislature
- Wisconsin state legislative districts
- Wisconsin House of Representatives
- Wisconsin House of Representatives elections, 2014
- Official campaign website
- Dan Kilkenny on Facebook
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Wisconsin State Legislature
- Wisconsin Government Accountability Board, "Candidates Registered by Office," June 11, 2014
- Kilkenny for Senate, "Issues," accessed October 23, 2014
- Wisconsin Government Accountability Board, "2014 Partisan Primary Candidates," accessed June 19, 2014
- Wisconsin Government Accountability Board, "Canvass Results for 2014 General Election," December 1, 2014