|Wyoming House of Representatives District 4|
|January 7, 2013 – present|
|January 1, 2017|
|Years in position||2|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 8, 2016|
|Platte County Commissioner|
|Bachelor's||Journalism, University of Wyoming (1975)|
|Date of birth||October 7, 1952|
|Place of birth||Wyoming|
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Kirkbride served on the following committees:
|Wyoming Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Corporations, Elections and Political Subdivisions|
|• Joint Revenue|
|• Joint Corporations, Elections and Political Subdivisions|
Kirkbride's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
- Excerpt: "[Kirkbride] is dedicated to traditional Republican precepts including fiscal soundness, free enterprise and personal freedoms while always maintaining the wonderful natural attributes of Wyoming which people so highly prize. He describes himself as a social conservative concerned for family values."
Elections for the office of Wyoming House of Representatives took place in 2014. A primary election took place on August 19, 2014. The general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was May 30, 2014. Incumbent Dan Kirkbride ran unopposed in the Republican primary and was unchallenged in the general election.
Kirkbride won election in the 2012 election for the Wyoming House of Representatives District 4. He defeated Kerry Powers and Larry Cundall in the Republican primary on August 21, 2012. Kirkbride defeated Bill Motley (C) in the general election on November 6, 2012.
|Wyoming House of Representatives, District 4, General Election, 2012|
|Wyoming House of Representatives, District 4 Republican Primary, 2012|
Comprehensive donor information for Kirkbride is available dating back to 2012. Based on available campaign finance records, Kirkbride raised a total of $11,695 during that time period. This information was last updated on June 10, 2013.
|Dan Kirkbride's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Wyoming State House, District 4||$11,695|
|Grand Total Raised||$11,695|
2012Kirkbride won election to the Wyoming State House in 2012. During that election cycle, Kirkbride raised a total of $11,695.
|Wyoming State House 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Dan Kirkbride's campaign in 2012|
|Kirkbride for House District 4 Committee||$5,062|
|Kennedy, Ken & Pat||$500|
|Wyoming Trucking Association||$400|
|Total Raised in 2012||$11,695|
|Source:Follow the Money|
Legislative scorecards are used to evaluate elected public officials based on voting record. Some scorecards are created by political advocacy groups with a focus on specific issues, while others are developed by newspapers and are broad in scope. Scorecards are meant to be used as a tool for voters to have a quick picture of whether their views align with a particular legislator's record.
Because scorecards can be specific to particular issues or general to a state’s legislative term, for example, each report should be considered on its own merits. Each entity that publishes these reports uses different methodologies and definitions for the terms used.
Please see our writing guidelines if you would like to add results from an individual scorecard to this legislator's profile.
Kirkbride is married to Lynn and they have five children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Dan + Kirkbride + Wyoming + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Wyoming State Legislature
- Wyoming state legislative districts
- Wyoming House of Representatives
- Wyoming House of Representatives Committees
- Wyoming House of Representatives Office webpage
- Campaign Facebook page
- Profile from Open States
- Project Vote Smart profile
- Campaign contributions: 2012
- Dan Kirkbride for Wyoming House District 4, "Info," accessed August 16, 2012
- Wyoming Secretary of State, "2014 Primary Candidate Roster," accessed May 31, 2014
- Wyoming Secretary of State, "2014 Official General Election Results," accessed November 12, 2014
- Wyoming Secretary of State, "2012 Primary Candidate Roster," June 11, 2012
- followthemoney.org, "Kirkbride, Dan," accessed June 10, 2013
Edward Buchanan (R)
|Wyoming House of Representatives District 4
| Succeeded by|