|Former candidate for|
|North Carolina House of Representatives, District 58|
|High school||Ben L. Smith Senior High|
|J.D.||Southern Methodist University, 1997|
|(dead link) Campaign website|
Koenig earned his bachelor’s degree in Political Science from Duke University and his J.D. from Southern Methodist University in 1997. His professional experience includes working as a lawyer for Adams, Kleemeier, Hagan, Hannah, & Fouts (now Nexsen Pruet) and for the law firm of Connors Morgan.
Koenig's campaign website highlighted the following issues:
- Excerpt: "Make education a top priority; value and respect teachers; repeal vouchers that take funds from public schools."
- Excerpt: "Modernize our infrastructure, preserve our environment, and develop a smart and responsible energy policy."
- Excerpt: "Fight for fair treatment and equal protection for all, including our LGBT friends and family members."
- Excerpt: "Ensure economic security and fairness in an environment in which businesses can thrive."
- Excerpt: "Protect those facing difficult times by expanding Medicaid, restoring reasonable unemployment benefits, and raising the minimum wage."
Elections for the office of North Carolina House of Representatives took place in 2014. A primary election took place on May 6, 2014. The general election took place on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was February 28, 2014. Ralph Johnson defeated Tigress McDaniel, Dan Koenig and Kerry Graves in the Democratic primary and was unchallenged in the general election.
|North Carolina House of Representatives, District 58 Democratic Primary, 2014|
Koening and his wife, Jen, have one child.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Dan + Koenig + North + Carolina + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- North Carolina House of Representatives
- North Carolina State Legislature
- North Carolina House of Representatives elections, 2014
- North Carolina House of Representatives District 58
- Official campaign website (dead link)
- Dan Koenig on Facebook
- Dan Koenig on Twitter
- Dan Koenig on YouTube
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- North Carolina State Board of Elections, Official primary candidate list
- North Carolina State Board of Elections, Official general election candidate list
- Official campaign website, "Family, Education, Career, and Community," accessed April 21, 2014 (dead link) (dead link)
- Official campaign website, "Issues," accessed April 21, 2014 (dead link) (dead link)
- North Carolina State Board of Elections, "Official Primary Election Results For 2014," accessed June 12, 2014
- North Carolina State Board of Elections, "General Election Candidate List Grouped by Contest," accessed June 12, 2014
State of North Carolina
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Secretary of Environment and Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Utilities |