Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Former candidate for|
|South Carolina House of Representatives, District 22|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
Ruck's campaign website highlighted the following issues:
- Excerpt: "Working men and women need to be able to support their families financially without help from the state."
- Excerpt: "By the same token, the state needs to assure those who are handicapped, orphaned, under-educated and otherwise unable to support themselves that they will not be abandoned."
- Excerpt: "No man has the right to tell a woman what or what not she can do with her own body."
- Excerpt: "Likewise, working men and women can decide for themselves if they want to organize for their own self interest"
Elections for all 124 seats in the South Carolina House of Representatives took place in 2014. A primary election took place on June 10, 2014. The general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was March 30, 2014. Dan Ruck was unopposed in the Democratic primary. Incumbent Wendy Nanney was unopposed in the Republican primary. Ruck was defeated by Nanney in the general election.
|South Carolina State House, District 22, General Election, 2014|
|Republican||Wendy Nanney Incumbent||71.6%||8,325|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Dan + Ruck + South + Carolina + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Official campaign website
- Dan Ruck on Facebook
- Dan Ruck on Twitter
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- South Carolina State Legislature
- South Carolina State Election Commission, "2014 Election Information," accessed March 31, 2014
- Ruck for Rep, "Main page," accessed September 26, 2014
- South Carolina State Election Commission, "Election Results," accessed June 10, 2014
- South Carolina State Election Commission, "Official general election results," accessed November 13, 2014
State of South Carolina
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Comptroller General | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Education | Director of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Director of Labor, Licensing and Regulation | Chairman of Public Service Commission |