|Former candidate for|
|Minnesota Secretary of State|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
|Minnesota House of Representatives - District 14A|
Severson served in the United States Navy from 1978-2000, and has been a business owner and substitute teacher.
Prior to leaving the house, he served on the following committees:
- Housing Finance and Policy and Public Health Finance Division (Lead GOP)
- Public Safety Finance Division
- Transportation Finance and Policy Division
- Veterans Affairs Division
Severson ran for Minnesota Secretary of State in 2014. The general election took place November 4, 2014.
|Secretary of State of Minnesota, 2014|
|Election Results via Minnesota Secretary of State.|
Severson was running for U.S. Senate in 2012 but failed to appear on the primary ballot.
- 2010 Race for Secretary of State - Republican Primary
- Dan Severson ran unopposed in this contest
|2010 Race for Secretary of State - General Election|
|Democratic Party||Mark Ritchie||49.1%|
|Republican Party||Dan Severson||45.6%|
Dan Severson raised $44,466 for his campaign.
|Minnesota House of Representatives, District 14A (2008)|
|Dan Severson (R)||12,927||54.95%|
|Rob Jacobs (DFL)||10,572||44.94%|
Listed below is the largest contributor to Dan Severson's 2008 campaign.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Dan + Severson + Minnesota + Secretary of State"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Dan Severson's campaign website
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2004, 2002
- Dan Severson on Facebook
- Dan Severson on Twitter
- Dan Severson's Campaign Website, About Dan, accessed September 12, 2013
- Project Vote Smart - Rep. Severson
- Minnesota Public Radio, "Severson is running for the U.S. Senate," May 16, 2011
- Minnesota Secretary of State - 2010 General Elections Results
- 2008 General Election Results
- Follow the Money's report on Severson's 2008 campaign contributions
|Minnesota State House District 14A
| Succeeded by|
Tim O'Driscoll (R)
State of Minnesota
St. Paul (capital)
Minnesota State Constitution | House of Representatives | Senate | County Attorney | House Research Department | Legislative Reference Library | Senate Counsel Research and Fiscal Analysis | Legislative Auditor |
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Commissioner of Management and Budget | State Auditor | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor and Industry | Chair of Public Utilities |