|North Carolina State Senate District 45|
|January 26, 2011 - Present|
|January 1, 2013|
|Years in position||3|
|Elections and appointments|
|First elected||November 2, 2010|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Bachelor's||United States Military Academy (1991)|
|Profession||Small business owner|
Soucek received his Bachelor's degree from the United States Military Academy in 1991. He entered Army Aviation as a Second Lieutenant and eventually reached the rank of Company Commander. Soucek has been a logistics officer and international disaster manager for Samaritan's Purse. He has also been a small business owner.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Soucek served on the following committees:
|North Carolina Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Appropriations on Education/Higher Education|
|• Education/Higher Education|
|• Judiciary I|
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Soucek served on these committees:
|North Carolina Committee Assignments, 2011|
|• Education/Higher Education|
|• Judiciary I|
Soucek's website highlighted the following issues:
- Excerpt: "My top priority as your State Senator will be to focus on jobs and the economy."
Nine of North Carolina’s 45 incoming freshman state legislators signed a pledge to "oppose and vote against any and all efforts to increase taxes." The pledge was in line with each of their campaign promises to fix the state’s fiscal hole without resorting to tax hikes. At the time they signed the pledge, North Carolina was looking at a budget deficit as high as $4 billion in 2011.
Soucek signed the pledge in November 2010.
Elections for the office of North Carolina State Senate will consist of a primary election on May 6, 2014, and a general election on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was February 28, 2014. Incumbent Daniel Soucek is unopposed in the Republican primary, while Jim Sponenberg is unopposed in the Democratic primary.
Soucek ran for re-election in 2012. He defeated George S. Robinson in the May 8, 2012, Republican primary. He defeated Roy J. Carter (D) in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|North Carolina State Senate, District 45, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Daniel Soucek Incumbent||60.7%||50,848|
|Democratic||Roy J. Carter||39.3%||32,913|
|North Carolina State Senate District 45 Republican Primary, 2012|
|Daniel Soucek Incumbent||65.4%||17,384|
|George S. Robinson||34.6%||9,186|
|North Carolina Senate, General Election Results, District 45 (2010)|
|Daniel Soucek (R)||34,777||59.96%|
|Steve Goss (D)||23,223||40.04%|
|North Carolina State Senate Republican Primary, District 45 (2010)|
Comprehensive donor information for Soucek is available dating back to 2008. Based on available campaign finance records, Soucek raised a total of $572,582 during that time period. This information was last updated on August 29, 2013.
|Daniel Soucek's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||North Carolina State Senate, District 45||$87,156|
|2010||North Carolina State Senate, District 45||$406,362|
|2008||North Carolina House of Representatives, District 93||$79,064|
|Grand Total Raised||$572,582|
2012Soucek won re-election to the North Carolina State Senate in 2012. During that election cycle, Soucek raised a total of $87,156.
|North Carolina State Senate 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Daniel Soucek's campaign in 2012|
|North Carolina Republican Party||$9,342|
|North Carolina Hospital Association||$3,000|
|Partners for Educational Freedom||$2,000|
|Total Raised in 2012||$87,156|
|Source:Follow the Money|
Soucek and his wife, Kim, have three children. They currently reside in Watauga County, North Carolina.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Daniel + Soucek + North Carolina + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- BOE hesitant to support school voucher lawsuit - Jefferson Post
- NC Senate names advisers on teacher pay - Lake Wylie Pilot
- Judge strikes down NC abortion ultrasound law - Watauga Democrat
- Most Read Stories of December 2013 - High Country Press
- Daniel Soucek's official campaign website
- Official Senate Website
- Official Project Vote Smart biography
- Official Project Vote Smart legislative profile
- Campaign Contributions: 2012, 2010, 2008
- Dan Soucek campaign website
- Fans of Dan, "Issues," Accessed June 3, 2013
- "Nine Newly Minted N.C. Legislators Sign No-New-Taxes Pledge," Carolina Journal, November 15, 2010
- North Carolina State Board of Elections, "Primary Candidate List Grouped by Contest," accessed March 7, 2014
- North Carolina State Board of Elections, "General Election Candidate List Grouped by Contest," accessed March 7, 2014
- North Carolina State Board of Elections "Candidate lists," Accessed March 9, 2012
- North Carolina State Board of Elections, "Official Primary Election Results, 2012" Accessed June 18, 2012
- General Election Results
- followthemoney.org, "Soucek, Daniel F" Accessed August 29, 2013
Steve Goss (D)
|North Carolina State Senate District 45
| Succeeded by|