|North Carolina House of Representatives District 109|
|January 1, 2015|
|Years in position||1|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Bumgardner served on the following committees:
|North Carolina Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Commerce and Job Development|
|• Transportation, Vice-chair|
Bumgardner's campaign website highlighted the following issues:
Jobs & Economy
- Excerpt:"Dana will work hard to pass pro-business legislation in Raleigh. He believes in order to recover lost jobs, we have to support our small businesses because they are essential to economic growth. When government allows the private sector to work, the people of Gaston County and North Carolina will be free to bring our economy back."
Taxes & Spending
- Excerpt:"Dana will oppose all tax increases and all wasteful spending. He will work to set budget priorities and fund critical state services first. Additionally, Dana will support the Taxpayer Protection Act which limits government spending to population growth plus inflation."
- Excerpt:"Dana Bumgardner will support legislation which sends tax dollars to fund the classroom and not a wasteful bureaucracy. When money is sent directly to the classroom and sidesteps administrations, it does more good for the child."
- Excerpt:"Dana is against the proposed toll road, the Garden Parkway, which will funnel money away from already needed repairs to Gaston County’s roads and bridges. He believes this money could be better spent on widening I-85, revamping the I-85, US-321 junction and widening the Dallas-Cherryville Highway."
Elections for the office of North Carolina House of Representatives will consist of a primary election on May 6, 2014, and a general election on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was February 28, 2014. Incumbent Dana Bumgardner will face Mickey Price in the Republican primary.
Bumgardner ran in the 2012 election for North Carolina House of Representatives District 109. He defeated Wil Neumann in the July 17, 2012, Republican Primary runoff. He defeated Melba Reese in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|North Carolina House of Representatives, District 109 General Election, 2012|
Comprehensive donor information for Bumgardner is available dating back to 2012. Based on available campaign finance records, Bumgardner raised a total of $56,522 during that time period. This information was last updated on September 4, 2013.
|Dana Bumgardner's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||North Carolina House of Representatives, District 109||$56,522|
|Grand Total Raised||$56,522|
2012Bumgardner won election to the North Carolina House of Representatives in 2012. During that election cycle, Bumgardner raised a total of $56,522.
|North Carolina House of Representatives 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Dana Bumgardner's campaign in 2012|
|Bumgardner, Dana B||$8,720|
|Harrington, Michael O||$3,225|
|Cloninger, Thomas R||$3,100|
|Gammon, Gary G||$1,750|
|Total Raised in 2012||$56,522|
|Source:Follow the Money|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Dana + Bumgardner + North Carolina + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Office website
- Campaign website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Dana Bumgardner on Facebook
- Dana Bumgardner on Twitter
- Campaign contributions: 2012
- bumgardnerforhouse.com - Issues
- North Carolina State Board of Elections, "Primary Candidate List Grouped by Contest," accessed March 10, 2014
- North Carolina State Board of Elections, "General Election Candidate List Grouped by Contest," accessed March 10, 2014
- North Carolina Board of Elections "Candidate lists," Accessed March 5, 2012
- North Carolina State Board of Elections, "Official Primary Election Results," Accessed June 22, 2012
- followthemoney.org, "Bumgardner, Dana" Accessed September 4, 2013
William A. Current, Sr. (R)
|North Carolina House - District 109
| Succeeded by|
State of North Carolina
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Secretary of Environment and Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Utilities |