|U.S. House, Tennessee, District 8|
|Associates||Northwestern State University|
|Profession||Corporate director of clinical standardization|
was a 2014 Republican
candidate seeking election to the U.S. House
to represent the 8th Congressional District
Incumbent Stephen Lee Fincher
defeated Matheny and John Mills
in the Republican
Starting her career in healthcare as a nurse, Matheny earned her ADN - RN in 1984 from Northwestern University. She went on to earn her B.S. in nursing in 1998 and her MBA in 2002 from Union University.
After working as a nurse for many years, Matheny has worked for the last 10 years as the corporate director of clinical standardization at Methodist Le Bonheur Healthcare in Memphis, Tennessee.
Matheny submitted the following statement to Ballotpedia:
We have to repeal Obamacare and re-structure Medicare, Medicaid, and Social Security based on free market principles to eliminate / reduce waste and fraud.
- See also: Tennessee's 8th Congressional District elections, 2014
Matheny ran in the 2014 election for the U.S. House to represent Tennessee's 8th District. Incumbent Stephen Lee Fincher defeated Matheny and John Mills in the Republican primary.
|U.S. House, Tennessee District 8 Republican Primary, 2014
Stephen Fincher Incumbent
| Dana Matheny
| John Mills
|Source: Results via Associated Press
Matheny and her husband, Mitch, live in Collierville, Tennessee. They have one adult son.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Dana + Matheny + Tennessee + Congress"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
Dana Matheny News Feed
- ↑ Tennessee.gov, "Governor, United States Senate, and United States House of Representatives Petitions Filed by Qualifying Deadline," accessed April 3, 2014
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Associated Press, "Tennessee - Summary Vote Results," accessed August 7, 2014
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 Dana Matheny, "About," accessed May 26, 2014
- ↑ Information submitted through Ballotpedia's biographical submission form on May 22, 2014
- ↑ Note: This text is quoted verbatim from the original source. Any inconsistencies are attributed to the original source.