Danatus N. King
Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Mayor of New Orleans, Louisiana|
- See also: New Orleans mayoral election, 2014
|Mayor of New Orleans, 2014|
|Mitch Landrieu Incumbent||63.6%||53,441|
|Danatus N. King||3.1%||2,638|
|Source: Louisiana Secretary of State|
In a candidate forum on January 8, 2014, challengers Bagneris and King criticized incumbent Landrieu for failing to do more for the city's poor. King said, "Right now, there are two cities, the city of the haves and the city of the have-nots." Landrieu countered by citing programs he had initiated in his first term as mayor, arguing that under his leadership the city had seen hundreds of jobs come to the city and the razing of thousands of dilapidated structures.
More specifically, Bagneris and King challenged Landrieu for awarding a significant development contract to a firm that, they argued, had failed to comply with the city's Disadvantaged Business Enterprise Program. This program compels companies seeking public contracts to include a 35 percent participation level from disadvantaged businesses (often, those owned and operated by women or minorities). Landrieu insisted that the contract would not be allowed to move forward unless the firm complied with the program's requirements.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Danatus + King + New + Orleans"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- New Orleans, Louisiana
- New Orleans, Louisiana mayoral election, 2014
- United States municipal elections, 2014
- Louisiana Elections, "Candidate Search" accessed December 14, 2013
- New York Times, "Mitch Landrieu Is Re-elected Mayor of New Orleans," February 2, 2014
- Sun Herald, "New Orleans Mayor: Voters have spoken - again," February 2, 2014
- New Orleans Times Picayune, "Mitch Landrieu sails to second term as mayor of New Orleans," February 2, 2014
- The Times-Picayune, "New Orleans Mayor Mitch Landrieu rival Michael Bagneris gains Democrats' endorsement, despite Obama backing Landrieu," January 12, 2014
- The Times-Picayune, "Michael Bagneris builds instant war chest in bid against Mitch Landrieu for mayor of New Orleans," January 3, 2014
- Louisiana Ethics Administration Program, "Candidate's Report - Danatus N. King - 30th day prior to primary," accessed January 16, 2014