|Washington House of Representatives, District 37a|
|Elections and appointments|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
Bretzke's campaign website highlights the following issues:
The education system needs more options
- Excerpt: "I support options and solutions such as charter schools, expanded quality public preschool education. Teachers can perform well for their teachers unions and the public, by focusing on the education of the students to be well rounded citizens."
Washington State needs to be the technology leader and manufacturer of sustainable energy technologies
- Excerpt: "Continued support and expansion of the Renewable Energy Cost Recovery program will encourage local development of companies manufacturing renewable energy technology. Washington State needs to be a leader in energy technology. Emphasis needs to be placed on the export of locally produced energy products. I propose legislation which will give an even support of industries without picking favorites."
- Excerpt: "I propose legislation that will provide retroactive ameliorative relief for those convicted of a possession of marijuana. This could include a State House resolution to the Washington Governor for pardon of misdemeanor marijuana possession crimes, or the introduction of legislation to expunge misdemeanor marijuana charges from offender records."
- Excerpt: "The transportation network is the lifeline of the region. Washington State commerce will suffocate without an adequate transportation system that is made up of multiple ways to move people and and products. Road and highways need to be maintained in quality condition, with adequate capacity for traffic and commerce. Public transportation, walking, and biking are an integral part of the transportation system. One of the most important jobs of the State Legislature is to pass a transportation plan and funding package that keeps Washington State traffic moving."
Allow web-based online ride sharing businesses to operate, without a restriction in the number of vehicles
- Excerpt: "I propose legislation that would revise the Washington State Code that enables cities and counties to restrict the number of vehicles in the personal transportation industry."
Elections for the office of Washington House of Representatives will consist of a blanket primary election on August 5, 2014, and a general election on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was May 17, 2014. Incumbent Sharon Tomiko Santos (D) will face John Dickinson (R) and Daniel Bretzke (R) in the primary.
In 2014, Bretzke's endorsements include the following:
- The Seattle Times
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Daniel + Bretzke + Washington + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Washington State Legislature
- Washington state legislative districts
- Washington House of Representatives
- Washington House of Representatives elections, 2014
- Official campaign website
- Daniel Bretzke on LinkedIn
- Washington State Legislature
- Profile by Vote-USA
State of Washington
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Commissioner of Public Lands | Director of Labor and Industries | Chairman of Utilities and Transportation |