|New York State Assembly District 147|
|1999 - 2013|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 2, 2010|
|Associate's||Herkimer County Community College, 1977|
|Bachelor's||University of Buffalo School of Pharmacy, 1980|
|Other||Empire State Military Academy|
|Date of birth||01/11/1947|
|Place of birth||Batavia, NY|
|Profession||President/Owner, Burling Drug of Corfu, Inc|
Burling graduated from Empire State Military Academy, attended Riverside School of Aeronautics and earned his A.S. from Herkimer County Community College and his B.S. from the University of Buffalo School of Pharmacy.
Burling is a lieutenant colonel and assistant director of government affairs for the New York Guard. He is also president and owner of Burling Drug of Corfu, Incorporated. Burling's professional experience includes president and owner of Burling Drug Incorporated of Attica; captain in the United States Army Reserves; owner and operator of Medicine Man Charters; supervising pharmacist and manager of Wyoming Rexall Drug; staff pharmacist for Alberty Drug; pharmacy intern and staff pharmacist at Genesee Memorial Hospital; consultant pharmacist for Genesee County Nursing Home; project site supervisor and engineer for System Research Labs; mechanic and fixed base operator at Nellis Airport; and a Sergeant E-5 in the United States Marine Corps, Vietnam.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Burling served on the following committees:
- Environmental Conservation Committee, New York State Assembly
- Rules Committee, New York State Assembly
- Subcommittee on Oversight of the Department of Environmental Conservation
- Veterans' Affairs Committee, New York State Assembly
- Ways and Means Committee, New York State Assembly
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Burling served on the following committees:
- Environmental Conservation Committee, New York Assembly
- Rules Committee, New York Assembly
- Veterans' Affairs Committee, New York Assembly
- Ways and Means Committee, New York Assembly
- See also: New York State Assembly elections, 2010
|New York State Assembly, District 147 2010|
|Daniel Burling (R)||28,743|
- See also: New York State Assembly elections, 2008
On November 4, 2008, Burling won re-election to the New York State Assembly, District 147, defeating opponents Philip Jones (D) and Wayne Bieger (WF).
Burling raised $60,770 for his campaign while Jones raised $3,625 and Bieger raised $0.
|New York State Assembly, District 147 2008|
|Daniel Burling (R)||30,953|
|Philip Jones (D)||12,238|
|Wayne Bieger (WF)||949|
In 2010, Burling received $49,449 in campaign donations. The top contributors are listed below.
|New York State Assembly 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Daniel Burling's campaign in 2010|
|Wyoming County Republican Cmte||$2,000|
|Livingston County Republican Cmte||$2,000|
|Otoole, Daniel J||$1,500|
|Moore, Gary D||$1,500|
|Pharmacists Society Of The State Of New York||$1,500|
|Total Raised in 2010||$49,449|
Burling and his wife, Jean, have two children; Mary and David.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Daniel + Burling + New + York + Assembly"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- New York State Assembly
- House Committees
- New York State Legislature
- New York state legislative districts
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004, 2002, 2000, 1998
- Project Vote Smart, "Biography of Daniel Burling," accessed December 22, 2014
- New York Times, "NY state legislative election results," accessed February 11, 2014
- New York State Board of Elections, "Official Primary results from September 14, 2010," accessed July 31, 2014
- Follow the Money, "Report on 2008 Campaign donations in New York," accessed August 1, 2014
- Follow the Money, "2010 contributions," accessed December 23, 2013
- Mitt Romney for President, "Mitt Romney Announces New York Assembly Endorsements," December 9, 2011(Archived)
|New York Assembly District 147
| Succeeded by|
David DiPietro (R)
State of New York
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Comptroller | Commissioner of Education | Superintendent of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Environmental Conservation | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Public Service Commission |
New York Supreme Court | Trial Court | Supreme Court, Appellate Division | Civil Courts | County Courts | Surrogate Courts | Family Courts | Civil Courts | Court of Statewide Claims | Town Courts | Village Courts | City Civil Court | City Criminal Court | District Court Nassau & Suffolk | City Courts (Outside New York City) | Judicial Nominating Commission | Judicial news | Judicial activist organizations |