Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Former candidate for|
|U.S. House, New York, District 9|
|Party||Conservative Party USA|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
Cavanagh was previously a 2012 Republican and Conservative Party candidate who sought election to the U.S. House to represent the 9th Congressional District of New York. He lost in the general election.
Cavanagh ran in the 2014 election for the U.S. House to represent New York's 9th District. Cavanagh ran unopposed for the Conservative Party nomination in the primary on June 24, 2014, but lost to incumbent Yvette Clarke (D) in the general election. The general election took place November 4, 2014.
|U.S. House, New York District 9 General Election, 2014|
|Democratic||Yvette Clarke Incumbent||81.4%||82,659|
|Source: New York State Board of Elections|
Cavanagh ran in the 2012 election for the U.S. House to represent New York's 9th District. He sought the nomination on the Republican and Conservative Party tickets. He was unopposed in the primary and was defeated by incumbent Yvette Clarke (D) in the general election on November 6, 2012.
|U.S. House, New York District 9 General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Yvette Clarke Incumbent||77.9%||186,141|
|Source: New York State Board of Elections "U.S. House of Representatives Results"|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Daniel + Cavanagh + New York + Congress"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- United States House of Representatives
- New York's 9th Congressional District elections, 2014
- New York's 9th Congressional District
- New York Board of Elections, "Candidate Petition List," accessed April 17, 2014
- Associated Press, "New York - Summary Vote Results," accessed June 24, 2014
- Politico, "2014 New York House Election Results," accessed November 7, 2014
- CNN "New York Districts Race - 2012 Election Center"
- New York Board of Elections, "Filings for June 26, 2012 Federal Primary," accessed June 11, 2012
State of New York
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Comptroller | Commissioner of Education | Superintendent of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Environmental Conservation | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Public Service Commission |
New York Supreme Court | Trial Court | Supreme Court, Appellate Division | Civil Courts | County Courts | Surrogate Courts | Family Courts | Civil Courts | Court of Statewide Claims | Town Courts | Village Courts | City Civil Court | City Criminal Court | District Court Nassau & Suffolk | City Courts (Outside New York City) | Judicial Nominating Commission | Judicial news | Judicial activist organizations |